The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-08-16 08:03:11

Mikey

Strange window after start

I now wanted to install Devuan Excalibur on my tablet, the netinstall iso from Daedalus installed fine, but didn't start after installation.
So I used the live install iso from Daedalus. Everything was fine so far. After upgrading to Excalibur, however, the OS always starts with an open "nameless" window. This window takes up the entire screen, has a black background and no scroll bar. The title bar is probably under the panel bar.

I have to explicitly close this window to make the desktop visible.
Task manager and autostart entries do not reveal any unusual processes.
If I want to open a new instance of this window, it fails due to the rights (see image)

How do I find out what the cause is, how can I stop it?

48545831cs.png

48545833pn.png

#2 2024-08-17 15:43:50

devujan

Re: Strange window after start

Excalibur right now is probably not functional at all for "normal" testing.
I was looking for ISOs for excalibur and have found them to be withdrawn - which sheds a specific light on the state of health of that DEVUAN version at this very moment.
This situation is probably subject to change every day...
This is understandable - because the developers are working on known show stopper bugs - and rather want to overcome the problems - than to explain the current situation to test users..

#3 2024-08-18 00:18:17

golinux
Administrator

@devujan . . . there are currently no excalibur testing isos because there is no one to build them . . . sad

#4 2024-09-23 14:29:36

ceeslans

After a successful (and nearly flawless) upgrade of my fluxuan setup from daedalus to excalibur, I get to see this empty "Unnamed" window too after login.
With its background color #000000, it looks like a terminal window, but there is NO prompt, and not accepting any input.
Has anyone experienced same after upgrading to excalibur - and perhaps managed to find out what or why?

Last edited by ceeslans (2024-09-23 14:58:52)

#5 2024-09-23 19:23:39

fsmithred
Administrator

I see that in the excalibur desktop-live isos that I've been making. It's coming from slim (the login manager). Bug report is here:
https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=857

Note that the problem only occurs with autologin set to yes in slim.conf. If you're getting it with autologin disabled, please let me know. Thanks.

Board footer