The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-09 06:38:00

rainydayshirts
Website

Dyne:bolic? Is there any dev news available?

I'm posting here because it semed like the proper place.

Dyne:Bolic is an awesome distro and one of the first linux distros I toyed with. I initially had no idea that Dyne and Devuan were affiliated in any way. I have seen some talk here and there of a brand spanking new Dyne:Bolic release based on Devuan Jessie. My question is, is there a central development news pipeline related to it? I will be quite excited to test it out. There aren't a whole lot of "Studio" distroswith a strong emphasis on FOSS/Freedom/etc. use left anymore.

Any links to relevent posts/updates regarding Dyne:Bolic are greatly appreciated!

#2 2017-08-09 13:05:33

mckaygerhard
Website

Re: Dyne:bolic? Is there any dev news available?

seems dyne are a king of sponsor of Devuan.. maybe that's the reason of the ugly appearance of Devuan

#3 2017-08-09 14:47:25

fungus
Website

mckaygerhard wrote:

maybe that's the reason of the ugly appearance of Devuan

What's so ugly in Devuan that you need to change, I'll help you out.  You don't like the purpy pale yellow coordination?
Apart from that I can hardly find anything specific to Devuan and its appearance, but you can change whatever you don't like.

#4 2017-08-09 15:20:39

FOSSuser

I think the main devs are the same devs who are working on getting the next release of Devuan ready, so, obviously, they can't do both at the same time. smile

#5 2017-08-09 16:51:18

mckaygerhard
Website

fungus wrote:

You don't like the purpy pale yellow coordination?
Apart from that I can hardly find anything specific to Devuan and its appearance, but you can change whatever you don't like.

well dynebolic uses a wm as desktop, why not just openbox or JWM, its less ugly, and same as lighty! yellow color its good, have a good contrast.. but the desktop its very unconfortable, openbox are more better due does are very simple and menu can be done with a lxpanel or tyni panel

devuan uses XFce4 but apart the vage purple/vine combination (no contrast, tired the eyes in large amount of hours), must have a plain Xfce4 GTK2/GTK3 theme with more great icons rather than tango...

#6 2017-08-10 02:06:10

golinux
Administrator

mckaygerhard wrote:

. . .  with more great icons rather than tango...

Tango icons?  There are no Tango icons in the default Devuan Xfce4 desktop theme.  Not even installed on my computer.

#7 2017-08-10 03:27:24

mckaygerhard
Website

i dont remenber their name, i just changed to faenza or super-flat

#8 2017-08-10 09:57:00

FOSSuser

I like using a WM - but most computer users want a DE - & as XFCE is the lightest, that is why it often gets used. smile

Board footer