#1 2023-03-06 22:38:27

zapper

Got another troll prank!

https://github.com/google/recaptcha/issues/519

@andyprough
@head-on-a-stick

Thoughts?

big_smile

You will both love it if it remains there long enough.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#2 2023-03-06 22:52:54

golinux
Administrator

Re: Got another troll prank!

zapper wrote:

@andyprough
@head-on-a-stick

Thoughts?

big_smile

Haven't you noticed that the forum has been wonderfully "normal" lately? HoaS hasn't logged in since 2023-02-14 . . .

#3 2023-03-06 23:17:26

zapper

golinux wrote:
zapper wrote:

@andyprough
@head-on-a-stick

Thoughts?

big_smile

Haven't you noticed that the forum has been wonderfully "normal" lately? HoaS hasn't logged in since 2023-02-14 . . .

Oh wow, what happened to HoaS?

I was unaware...

Very odd...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Peace Be With us All!

#4 2023-03-06 23:43:40

MrReplikant

Nice

That's all, folks.

#5 2023-03-06 23:59:43

GlennW

zapper wrote:
golinux wrote:
zapper wrote:

@andyprough
@head-on-a-stick

Thoughts?

big_smile

Oh wow, what happened to HoaS?

I was unaware...

Very odd...

I'm missing HoaS as well, I hope everything is OK. :-)

pic from 1993, new guitar day.

#6 2023-03-07 02:38:14

andyprough

That's actually pretty good zap. I wonder if google will agree to launch their data centers and explode them? I guess that would be one way to close the bug report.

golinux wrote:

I'm surprised HOAS hasn't re-spun his own distro yet. It's been languishing for the past year, and he talked like he had some ideas for it. Maybe he's busy doing that now, who knows. I always liked him, he would help me do crazy things like rip the init system out of an installation and replace it with something experimental. That's probably old hat for folks around here, but for me that's over my head. Anyway, he's an internet wanderer, leaving an imprint on most Linux-y forums at some point. Kind of like zapper in that way.

#7 2023-03-07 03:00:25

zapper

andyprough wrote:

That's actually pretty good zap. I wonder if google will agree to launch their data centers and explode them? I guess that would be one way to close the bug report.

golinux wrote:

I'm surprised HOAS hasn't re-spun his own distro yet. It's been languishing for the past year, and he talked like he had some ideas for it. Maybe he's busy doing that now, who knows. I always liked him, he would help me do crazy things like rip the init system out of an installation and replace it with something experimental. That's probably old hat for folks around here, but for me that's over my head. Anyway, he's an internet wanderer, leaving an imprint on most Linux-y forums at some point. Kind of like zapper in that way.

I wonder what he would have thought of this prank...

Darn...

Btw, did you laugh at all when you saw that?

big_smile

Actually, he probably could do that. Maybe he did what I did when I used to use devuan and found out about Hyperbola and found one he liked more.

I still have a devuan install if needed on a usb, but not my main anymore. tongue

This being said, anyone read that peppermint has a devuan flavor now? Or was this old news?

big_smile

I saw it when I typed in devuan into the search bar just now. So who knows how old or new it is.

Edit: Tiny one, it started almost 6 months ago, so nvm. lol.

Last edited by zapper (2023-03-07 03:04:37)

Peace Be With us All!

#8 2023-03-07 13:56:34

MrReplikant

zapper wrote:

Actually, he probably could do that. Maybe he did what I did when I used to use devuan and found out about Hyperbola and found one he liked more.

I still have a devuan install if needed on a usb, but not my main anymore. tongue

This being said, anyone read that peppermint has a devuan flavor now? Or was this old news?

big_smile

I saw it when I typed in devuan into the search bar just now. So who knows how old or new it is.

I was about to say, I'm actually involved with their Devuan port. It's going quite well.

That's all, folks.

#9 2023-03-08 21:09:35

zapper

MrReplikant wrote:
zapper wrote:

big_smile

I was about to say, I'm actually involved with their Devuan port. It's going quite well.

Seems like it must be.

How does peppermint compare to linux mint btw?

If I had to guess, yours is probably a massive improvement.

Peace Be With us All!

#10 2023-03-21 18:16:34

zapper

bump, because more feedback is desired!

Peace Be With us All!

#11 2023-04-11 14:58:03

grafiksinc

I think it depends....Peppermint has changed a lot over the last year, The Devuan base to me runs much better than the Debian spin. I think the largest beef folks have with it is that it ships with nothing other than xfce some utils and firmware/drivers...No web browser, no office etc....

#12 2023-04-11 19:37:48

zephyr
Website

<=>

Last edited by zephyr (2023-04-12 01:08:22)

CROWZ
easier to light a candle, yet curse the dark instead / experience life, or simply ...merely exist / ride the serpent / molon labe

#13 2023-05-10 23:55:35

zapper

Wow... as of today that thread still hasn't been taken down.

big_smile

Peace Be With us All!

#14 2023-05-11 00:45:57

golinux
Administrator

Why should it be? Showcasing stupidity might be a positive and informative experience for some. IOW . . . don't post detritus that deserves to be taken down in the first place . . .

#15 2023-05-11 02:26:08

zapper

golinux wrote:

Why should it be? Showcasing stupidity might be a positive and informative experience for some. IOW . . . don't post detritus that deserves to be taken down in the first place . . .

Your saying that Google's polluting of the environment is a positive even phrased that way?

Irony...

Sounds like subterranean level foolishness.

Peace Be With us All!

#16 2023-05-11 04:05:57

golinux
Administrator

No. I'm saying that the vapid posts of some forum members might be so egregious that other forum members might avoid going down a similar path. smile

#17 2023-05-11 22:31:44

zapper

golinux wrote:

No. I'm saying that the vapid posts of some forum members might be so egregious that other forum members might avoid going down a similar path. smile

Ah okay...

Oh and speaking of egregious, merry christmas!

Even though its nowhere near the actual holiday and makes no sense to say so.

big_smile

Sometimes I amuse myself too much

xD

Ps, I bet the war on christmas will start a month sooner than last time on a very specific channel that I will call fox.

LOL!

Last edited by zapper (2023-05-11 22:32:34)

Peace Be With us All!

Board footer