The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-10 19:18:56

MiyoLinux

Out of respect...

Out of respect to blackhole (who is well-known in the Debian community for his myriad of multiplicatiousness of favorable contributions...and despite his lack of proper English construction on this site tongue ), and despite my previous post; in which, I asked to be identified as something else...I now identify myself as a twat. From this point forward, please only refer to me as Sir Twatsalot.

Tee Hee...

tongue

Edit: because of stuff n'such. Sorry if that upsets you blackhole. Just be a man and get over it. tongue

Last edited by MiyoLinux (2023-02-10 20:14:12)

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2023-02-10 20:39:56

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Out of respect...

I don't think blackhole is coming back. They think you are a right-wing lunatic. Is that the case? I presumed you were making a joke in the other thread but was I in fact mistaken?

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#3 2023-02-10 23:03:13

andyprough

I'm really going to miss that blackhole anonymous online persona who [checks notes] rage quit after the moderators belittled his/her/their juvenile attempts to intimidate them.

I really came here to report that the 'startxfce4' command really does start the xfce4 desktop without any other manipulations or gyrations, and that it does put you in a user-owned xorg, and that it's not just for cave persons. But that's kind of off-topic so I'll stop talking about stupid computer stuff and eat my popcorn while watching hoas put miyo through a "political beliefs inquisition".

#4 2023-02-10 23:09:02

MiyoLinux

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I don't think blackhole is coming back. They think you are a right-wing lunatic. Is that the case? I presumed you were making a joke in the other thread but was I in fact mistaken?

Dude,

I was joking around in the other thread...as witnessed by the multiple "LOLs, Hahahas, Tee Hees" and the various emojis that I included in my posts.

I may have taken it too far with saying that the waiteress made me want to puke, but he did. It was a windy day, and all I could think about was that dude had so much gnarly hair, I was afraid one of his hairs would get in my food.

You better know that I was inspectin' that shite after he delivered it!!! big_smile

HoaS...brother...you and I differ in our social and political views; however, I can honestly say this...

I have the utmost respect for you. I consider you as a friend, and I can truthfully say that I hold you in my mind and heart with nothing less than honor, dignity, and respect.

You and I both know that I like to poke at you at times, and you have always handled it with a grain of salt. For that, I thank you.

However, I took things a little too far lately. For that, I apologize.

I honestly thought that you would be the one who responded to my "Disney Waiteress" post and asked me why it made me want to puke (which I answered above).

My bad.

HoaS, thank you for letting me joke around with you. Take care my friend.

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#5 2023-02-10 23:18:35

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Thank you for the clear answer. Much appreciated.

No need to apologise though, it's fine. I haven't been offended at all but I do value blackhole's judgement so I had to ask.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#6 2023-02-10 23:55:15

blackhole

Great that you made this thread!

And you can, as apparently you have a special licence for this, as proclaimed by the admins here...  and this is now even more apparent to the observer. You're more than just a twat, you're one of the numerous minor embarasssments to this project - thought rest assured your free reign will continue.

Anyone else posting such quality of content would have been quickly censured, but by golinux' own admission you may freely troll this site, due to the significance of your contributions to whatever it is you contribute to... so go ahead my man, knock yourself out.  Let's see what you're all about...

Last edited by blackhole (2023-02-10 23:56:29)

#7 2023-02-11 00:01:18

MiyoLinux

blackhole wrote:

Great that you made this thread!

And you can, as apparently you have a special licence for this, as proclaimed by the admins here...  and this is now even more apparent to the observer. You're more than just a twat, you're one of the numerous minor embarasssments to this project - thought rest assured your free reign will continue.

Anyone else posting such quality of content would have been quickly censured, but by golinux' own admission you may freely troll this site, due to the significance of your contributions to whatever it is you contribute to... so go ahead my man, knock yourself out.  Let's see what you're all about...

Sigh

#8 2023-02-11 00:09:52

MiyoLinux

cynwulf,

Can you tell me exactly what I did, said, or posted that offended you?

#9 2023-02-11 00:22:09

MiyoLinux

cynwulf,

I will soon be offline. I look forward to seeing your answer in order to try and make things right with you. However, I may not see your response for a while. If that's the case, please forgive me.

#10 2023-02-11 00:48:09

MiyoLinux

cynwulf,

Feel free to email me if you prefer. You can click on my email under my avatar.

#11 2023-02-11 00:56:33

MiyoLinux

Ralph or golinux,

If you feel that this thread should be deleted, please do so. blackhole could easily email me (if he wishes) in order to rectify things between us.

I apologize for the things that I've done/said/posted that bring reproach upon the Devuan project. That was never my intention. Please forgive me.

#12 2023-02-11 01:50:08

MrReplikant

Getting my last words on this in before the thread shuts down

All I wanted was a damned community repository, to do right by Devuan.  Full stop. had I known the crap that thread would spawn, I NEVER would have posted it. This is deeply saddening to see this and the offshoot thread that came before it.

And that's all I've to say about that.

That's all, folks.

#13 2023-02-11 12:41:27

blackhole

I must apologise for calling you a twat, though I disapprove of your conduct, that was quite uncalled for. Your apology is accepted, I never hold grudges.

Also my main gripe is not with you, but with the thoroughly biased administration of this site.  Double standards and hypocrisy where "special" members can blaze a trail of offtopic babble, where certain other members have the admin on their case seemingly 24/7, their threads locked, posts deleted, get issued with bans, etc - just irks me somewhat. By the site admin's own admission: you get special treatment.  This shows that they practice selectiveness and favouritism, which is no better than any other sites that they have criticed heavily in the past.

But as golinux has said, I actually contribute nothing here and actually have no right to complain about how the site is administered. I can accept that and it's why I am voting with my feet. I only returned to reply to the tgread you made directly targetted at me  Also note - it has not been closed. Consider that if I had made this thread, the admin would have intervened to get the last word and closed by now.

@andyprough: You don't appear to have even the vaguest idea what this is about.

#14 2023-02-11 14:45:41

MiyoLinux

Thank you.

#15 2023-02-11 16:00:05

golinux
Administrator

blackhole wrote:

By the site admin's own admission: you get special treatment.  This shows that they practice selectiveness and favouritism, which is no better than any other sites that they have criticed heavily in the past.

You have never understood my thinking or motivations so unsurprisingly hadn't a clue this time. Have you never heard the expression to "give someone enough rope to hang themselves"? You both have done that rather spectacularly! In fact I was planning to post this morning something like . . . "Have y'all embarrassed yourself enough yet? Is it time to put this thread out of its misery?" Mutual ego stroking was the solution which just perpetuates the delusion . . .

blackhole wrote:

But as golinux has said, I actually contribute nothing here and actually have no right to complain about how the site is administered. I can accept that and it's why I am voting with my feet."

Good grief! What a drama queen!  Exit left or stick around. The choice is yours. The injured party here is not your ego but the free software community who has suffered your hissy fits.

blackhole wrote:

Also note - it has not been closed. Consider that if I had made this thread, the admin would have intervened to get the last word and closed by now.

Actions or non-actions have purpose though in this case I think the point has fallen on deaf ears . . .

#16 2023-02-11 18:10:46

Camtaf

In the UK, August is the 'silly season' in the press....I'm guessing it must be February on here! sad

Now, can we go back to discussing Devuan...thankyou. wink

#17 2023-02-11 19:04:36

blackhole

golinux wrote:

You have never understood my thinking or motivations so unsurprisingly hadn't a clue this time. Have you never heard the expression to "give someone enough rope to hang themselves"? You both have done that rather spectacularly! In fact I was planning to post this morning something like . . . "Have y'all embarrassed yourself enough yet? Is it time to put this thread out of its misery?" Mutual ego stroking was the solution which just perpetuates the delusion . . .

Oh so superior. Have you ever heard of "the mote and the beam?". Your arrogance prevents you from understanding my "thinking or motivations".

That's it. I will not argue further with a fanatic. Have fun in your little dictatorship, nurturing your sycophants... This is your life after all.

#18 2023-02-11 19:34:41

ribcage

There is 358 views on this thread, how many of the readers have any clue of what is this all about? Such personal conflicts really do not belong here.

There's another open source project born out of a need to fight a common cause where the participants are infighting and making themselves look stupid.

I'm just a silent lurker who had to chime in.

#19 2023-02-11 20:48:29

MiyoLinux

blackhole,

I'm hesitant to respond; however, I'm doing so.

As human beings, we tend to put up with more from family members than we do with those outside of our family.

I have a son, daughter, nieces, and nephews who do things that I don't agree with. Yet, I love them and extend grace unto them; whereas, I wouldn't put up with the same behavior from others.

Is that right? I don't know. I'm not a psychologist or therapist.

However, I am a father. I have a family. I'm a husband, a father, and an uncle. As such, I will love my family, defend them, and extol their virtues despite anything else.

Would you not do the same for your family?

I can understand what you're saying, but would you not do the same for one of your own family members?

I will bow out of this conversation now.

Take care.

I have long admired the contributions of cynwulf, and I thank you for that.

#20 2023-02-12 16:52:24

golinux
Administrator

ribcage wrote:

There is 358 views on this thread, how many of the readers have any clue of what is this all about? Such personal conflicts really do not belong here.

I totally agree that what has unfolded recently is completely inappropriate but we have no control over who walks through the door . . ..

ribcage wrote:

There's another open source project born out of a need to fight a common cause where the participants are infighting and making themselves look stupid.

blackhole is an outside agitator/abuser with no ties to the Devuan project who has had a personal vendetta against me personally for a very long time. The choice is letting him spout his nonsense or having him accuse this forum and me specifically of censorship and who knows what else.

ribcage wrote:

I'm just a silent lurker who had to chime in.

Your feedback is appreciated and I sincerely apologize. I think that this is a good thought on which to close this thread. smile

Board footer