The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-10 13:46:11

ghaverla

Guayadeque-0.4.5 on Ascii/Ceres

I've grown used to using guayadeque for some music playing/recording needs, but this long stable (0.3.7) has had a couple of quirks.  There is a beta in the project git, so I decided to try that.  There hadn't seemed to be any tie in to systemd, there was published a dependency on dbus that I was going to attempt to get around.

I downloaded the zipball from the git.  The README lists the following dependencies:

taglib, sqlite3, libcurl, gstreamer1.0, WxWidgets3.0, libdbus-1, libgio, libwxsqllite3.

Guayadeque is built by cmake, so it is a dependency as well.  Maybe.

I was not sure what taglib might be in Debian (I initially tried taglib-cil-dev, which wasn't correct), there are 3 different versions of libcurl (I chose the nss version of libcurl4), WxWidgets it seems is wxgtk and I never tried to find libgio.  Libdbus-1 I ignored.

apt-get install libsqlite3-dev libcurl4-nss-dev gstreamer1.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libwxsqlite3-3.0-dev cmake OTHERS

Running cmake, I ran into something missing, so I added libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev.  Running cmake still has a problem, and libtag1-dev might be the taglib that is missing.

One more missing dependency was libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev.

So OTHERS can be libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libtag1-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev

Now the cmake goes to completion.  There was a warning about libindicate, which is how dbus gets pulled in.  Apparently, cmake is willing to ignore this dbus connection.  I've no idea on libgio, there may have been a message, I ignored it.

From the README, the next step is make install.  Okay, I did that.  For me, guayadeque is being naughty, it installs into /usr, not into /usr/local.

But, it runs straight away.

#2 2017-07-10 14:05:57

ghaverla

Re: Guayadeque-0.4.5 on Ascii/Ceres

Running ldd against the binary, there is a link to both libgio and libdbus-1.  So I think I will have to go dig into the code and see where dbus comes into things.  Practice for trying to get a bunch of GPU/OpenCL stuff to run in the near future.

#3 2017-07-10 15:24:48

PeteGozz

? CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX  somewhere near the top of the  CMakeLists.txt ?

Or perhaps you can just force it in the Makefile ;>
Or export PREFIX=/usr/local

Which I have _permanently_ welded into my ~/.bashrc

#4 2017-07-10 16:07:51

ghaverla

The CMakeList... file gets it from some cmake file in /usr/share (GNUInstallDirs.cmake), but I gather setting that environment variable is the thing to do.  But I would have thought that installing into /usr/local (or /opt) would be the default place to install to.

If we go to the trouble of removing dbus (or systemd, or ...) from some package, what is the preferred way to pass on this knowledge?  A diff of the two source trees?  A unified diff?  Merge the new package into an old deb source tree and try to make that compile just like real source debs?

Are we supposed to follow your thread about slim?  I had never run across this d1h (dlh?) program before.  New tool to build packages?

#5 2017-07-10 16:43:26

golinux
Administrator

ghaverla wrote:

I had never run across this d1h (dlh?) program before.  New tool to build packages?

Yes and posted on this forum in Documentation: https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=549

#6 2017-07-10 18:06:06

ghaverla

golinux wrote:
ghaverla wrote:

I had never run across this d1h (dlh?) program before.  New tool to build packages?

Yes and posted on this forum in Documentation: https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=549

I've no idea what distribution I might package this for.  For the moment, I think I will just stick to (a copy of) the original source tree, to see if I can de-dbus it.  Then I can look into getting a git account and so on.  I did like the next comment in that thread (go get a beer).  :-)  Adventinus (Schneider and Sons) is one of my favorites.

Oh well, time to go do some farming.  Cool and somewhat windy today.

Board footer