I want delete this account !

How i can delete this account ?!?

#2 2020-07-27 15:37:23

HevyDevy

Re: I want delete this account !

SHOOK3R wrote:

why not ask the admin in an email.

You have a total of 3 posts on the forum, nothing is ever scrubbed from the internet unless you were close friends with an epstein or a clinton.

#3 2020-07-28 09:11:18

nixer

This is the way that I would do it:

- Open a text editor, leafpad or geany are my favorite.
- Type out a long password with a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.  Highlight this new password with a click and drag motion, right click with a mouse, and select copy.
- Click here to change your password.  Input the old password and then click on the field to input the new password - so that the cursor indicator is there - right-click on the mouse device and select "Paste".  This will paste the newly created password into this field.  Do this again for the confirmation field.
- Click "Submit".
- Click on "Logout".
- Delete the text editor file containing the new password.  Do not save.

I am not familiar with this particular forum board, but some do not allow for accounts to be "deleted" to the point where your posts will disappear.  It has to do with database issues, for lack of a more accurate explanation.  But this method should suffice that you, nor anyone else, will be able to use the account.

Edit:  Spelling correction.

Last edited by nixer (2020-07-28 09:14:18)

#4 2020-07-29 00:49:24

ralph.ronnquist
Administrator

SHOOK3R wrote:

It's not clear to me what "delete this account" means to you, but I've now disabled access by that userid.

#5 2020-07-29 18:33:06

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

nixer wrote:

I am not familiar with this particular forum board, but some do not allow for accounts to be "deleted" to the point where your posts will disappear.  It has to do with database issues, for lack of a more accurate explanation.

AFAIUI the reason why most forums don't allow for account deletion is because it would potentially remove posts that may be useful for the community.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#6 2020-07-30 00:47:25

bgstack15

Ah, a very interesting thought, HoaS. I've seen posts on forums where the username who posted it is not a link and is unable to be selected. I wonder if that is how some forum software deals with "deleted" accounts.

This space intentionally left blank.

#7 2020-07-30 01:23:54

brocashelm

The point of deleting accounts is to get rid of spam. Even if someone was going around making rude posts, we'd know it's an actual person, so the posts could stay (depending on their usefulness and keeping the forum's rules in mind).

Most of the time, people wanting their accounts deleted are troublemakers trying to cover up their tracks, since they know they aren't welcomed in the community any longer. No one honestly cares about silly Internet fights, and those who do eventually forget about it.

This isn't Facebook or any other dumb social media platform, where you just post pictures and vague poems in order to be validated by popular folks. Forums are meant for discussions and sharing important information, hence more focus on tight-knit communities.

#8 2020-07-30 02:19:16

golinux
Administrator

I have deleted users who have never posted at their request.  But wouldn't delete a user who has a history of posts.

Board footer