The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-19 06:42:50

omnio

Mate and Trinity

What do you think it's the reason that nowadays most distros include Mate packages but no Trinity packages?

#2 2019-07-19 06:45:06

golinux
Administrator

Re: Mate and Trinity

In our case it's because no one has volunteered to package and maintain it.  Last year I had a discussion with the Trinity folks about doing just that but in the end, no one stepped up to do the work.

#3 2019-07-20 01:02:19

alupoj

A few months ago several times I experienced my KDE destroyed knotes and kalarm records at the most inconvenient moment of time for me, most likely remotely by someone spying.

So I lost important ideas and notices, a few of plans and appointments.
KDE became suspicious after moving knotes and kalarm data into a database instead of old plain files, it is even KDE v4, I tried KDE v5 and rolled back system ZFS partition at once  as it looks ugly and unusable for me.

After moving to Trinity it does not happen anymore.
After some configuration Trinity looks like the most pleasant DE I have ever seen yet.
Very sad if its technical design is attacked sometimes by the same morons who damaged original KDE.

IMHO two the most significant corruptions happened to open source during a few last years are:
1) Debian became a systemd only distro
2) KDE became a spying and invading environment not caring about user time, like a tool for remote internet ganstalkers targeting the user of KDE installation.

Both these software corruptions happened hardly noticeable almost invisible during relatively smooth apt upgrades and I had to move too late (in terms of my wasted time) already when it became absolutely impossible to suffer corruptions.

I hope if Devuan and Trinity get corrupted sometimes they will be forked again and invaders will be off the pure board finally.

Last edited by alupoj (2019-07-20 06:32:47)

#4 2019-07-20 01:16:52

MiyoLinux

dzz has a Devuan-based distro that uses Trinity. smile

https://sourceforge.net/projects/exegnulinux/files/

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

Board footer