The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-22 23:21:03

MiyoLinux

My "Slightly" Customized Devuan Menu Icon

Hi everyone!

Hopefully this is okay for me to post this; if it's not, any moderator can feel free to remove it.

In my off-time, I've taken the liberty of slightly customizing the Devuan Menu Icon. All that I've done is give it the slightest bit of shine. I love the flat color icon, but I couldn't resist customizing it. So...while flat themes and icons are all the rage right now, if anyone is interested in using this icon for your menu button, feel free to use it.

It can be downloaded from my pCloud account...here's the link.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … VQty79d7qV

Here's a screenshot; as you can see, there's just the slightest difference. Click the picture to enlarge it.

menu-icon_1.png?1495494512

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2017-05-22 23:50:19

golinux
Administrator

Re: My "Slightly" Customized Devuan Menu Icon

Thanks for the link.  My panel is actually the bg color of that icon so all I see is the swoosh.

#3 2017-05-23 00:17:21

MiyoLinux

Spass wrote:

Nice, it looks good on dark panels too, thanks for sharing. BTW, that Devuan desktop is looking sleek!

Thank you; I try to keep my desktop a bit bare, stark, and neutral.  wink

golinux wrote:

Thanks for the link.  My panel is actually the bg color of that icon so all I see is the swoosh.

DOH! I "almost" put a light circle around the icon. Maybe I should do that when I have time. Thank you golinux. smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#4 2017-05-23 00:31:38

golinux
Administrator

Really minimal . . .

Sliver of light

(It gets lost in all the brightness here)

#5 2017-05-23 01:15:14

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:

Really minimal . . .

Oh dear...yes it does.

I'll try and make another icon with a light (and thin) circle around it within the next few of days...though just that swoosh is pretty awesome! LOL!

#6 2017-05-23 12:34:09

Spass

MiyoLinux wrote:

DOH! I "almost" put a light circle around the icon. Maybe I should do that when I have time. Thank you golinux. :)

I think golinux is referring to the original icon, not the customized one. This is how your icon looks on my dark panel.

4VaQVql.png
sliver-of-light.png

#7 2017-05-23 14:06:44

MiyoLinux

Spass wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

DOH! I "almost" put a light circle around the icon. Maybe I should do that when I have time. Thank you golinux. smile

I think golinux is referring to the original icon, not the customized one. This is how your icon looks on my dark panel.

Ah...yes, I see that now. Thank you.

#8 2017-05-23 14:48:50

golinux
Administrator

Spass wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/4VaQVql.png
http://www.saynotogmos.org/ss/sliver-of-light.png

Don't know why your imgur.com links do not show in my browser.  The glow thing looks very blobish. It obfuscates the swoosh.

*edit* LOL!  I had an imgur filter in AdBlockPlus

#9 2017-05-23 14:52:09

smoki

I use this, i think glowed is visible on anything but i might be wrong probably not so much on total white big_smile But at least it is visible on anything else and from far away.

FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by smoki (2017-05-23 14:58:36)

#10 2017-05-23 16:11:04

MiyoLinux

golinux wrote:

The glow thing looks very blobish. It obfuscates the swoosh.

Ah...now I understand...sorry, I'm a bit slow these days. tongue

#11 2017-05-23 18:08:24

GNUser

@MiyoLinux: Thank you for sharing. It's very nice.

menubar.png

Last edited by GNUser (2017-05-23 18:34:39)

#12 2017-06-04 16:00:20

norb

Thanks for the menu icon, I'm using it now.

#13 2017-06-07 11:09:06

lazlo

OK, I admit it...I stoled your Button and added it to the Tux image from the crystal icons pack.  It's now my new avatar for the forums.

Edit 2:  I had to flip the image of Tux 180 degrees horizontally so that the highlights and shadows were better aligned.

lazlo

Last edited by lazlo (2017-06-07 11:30:31)

Board footer