The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-06 15:57:11

UnclePa

Compiling the latest version of wine

Someone recently gave me a server that had a ransomware virus and I successfully installed Devuan on it this week.  I liked it so much, I put it on my laptop as well.  Both installs went super smooth.  I've been using Arch and then Void (to get away from systemd) for several years.  So far the only thing I miss is having the latest version of wine.  Some of the games I play don't work well or at all on Devuan's version of wine.  This isn't a show stopper as gaming is just a diversion.  Still, I do enjoy it.  Anyway, I thought I'd try to compile wine myself but can't seem to get very far.  Has anyone done this or have some pointers?  Some of my problems are unfamiliarity with Debian/Devuan and the translation between the two.

The particular problem I have at the moment is:

configure: error: X 32-bit development files not found. Wine will be built
without X support, which probably isn't what you want. You will need
to install 32-bit development packages of Xlib at the very least.

My research points to needing "libx11-dev:i386" but that package doesn't seem to exist.

#2 2018-07-06 21:12:17

UnclePa

Re: Compiling the latest version of wine

Thanks!  I saw it, but as soon as I saw DISTRO, I had a translation problem.  Which one would I use?  I've installed ASCII.

#3 2018-07-06 21:44:44

golinux
Administrator

Jessie = Jessie
ASCII = Stretch
Beowulf = Buster
Ceres = Sid

#4 2018-07-06 22:25:49

UnclePa

Thanks much!  That worked without having to compile.  I guess this thread is in the wrong place and rather noob questions.   My apologies.

Board footer