The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-29 09:17:29

ShorTie
Member
Registered: 2020-05-14
Posts: 15  

eudev

Does anyone here know any thing about eudev ??

The peeps on irc @ #devuan-dev sure don't !!
All I get is from gnu_srs tis,
"[03:31:36] <gnu_srs1> ShorTie: fsmithred:
I'll release 3.2.9-8 and 3.2-9-8~beowulf-proposed-updates to unstable and beowulf ASAP."
Tells nothing about nothing.

The heart of this distro, and know body knows nuffin about it, so sad.
So So Sad !!!

Why can I not rebuild it with 'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b' ??
What kind of convoluted crap does your build system do ??
What ever happened to the KISS method ??

Why does it get built with --disable-dependency-tracking ??
Sortta sounds like it something it should do, to help race conditions maybe.
Or has nobody actually looked at how it is really configured ??
The prefix variable does NOT seemed to be passed properly either, lol.

I mean it's configured with --disable-maintainer-mode, which is not even a valid option for eudev, lol.

Offline

#2 2020-08-29 10:48:13

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2019-03-24
Posts: 1,142  
Website

Re: eudev

ShorTie wrote:

Does anyone here know any thing about eudev ?

Not much but if you have an actual question then please post it so I can demonstrate how useless your search-fu is tongue

ShorTie wrote:

Why can I not rebuild it with 'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b' ?

Because you don't know what you're doing. Please post the actual errors so that we can help you.

FWIW I've just managed to rebuild it from the Devuan source in my Debian buster box with no problems whatsoever.

ShorTie wrote:

What kind of convoluted crap does your build system do ??
What ever happened to the KISS method ??

Debian is not and has never been in any way KISS, it is one of the more abstracted and complicated distributions; Devuan inherits this complexity, for better or worse.

If you want a systemd-free KISS distribution then perhaps try K1SS smile

ShorTie wrote:

Why does it get built with --disable-dependency-tracking ??
[...]
The prefix variable does NOT seemed to be passed properly either, lol.

I mean it's configured with --disable-maintainer-mode, which is not even a valid option for eudev, lol.

Why do you think this?

The debian/rules file has no such options:

CONFFLAGS = \
        --exec-prefix= \
        --with-rootprefix= \
        --with-rootlibdir=/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) \
        --disable-silent-rules

CONFFLAGS_deb = \
        --enable-selinux \
        --enable-manpages \
        $(NULL)

CONFFLAGS_udeb = \
        --disable-selinux \
        --disable-manpages

Black Lives Matter

Offline

#3 2020-08-29 11:43:18

ShorTie
Member
Registered: 2020-05-14
Posts: 15  

Re: eudev

1st, Knock off your political BS, it affends me !!
All Lives Matter


Devuan ~ # mkdir tmp2
Devuan ~ # cd tmp2
Devuan tmp2 # wget https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz
--2020-08-29 07:19:32--  https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz
Resolving pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)... 54.36.142.183, 2001:41d0:2:1f68::3624:8eb7
Connecting to pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)|54.36.142.183|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1945415 (1.9M) [text/plain]
Saving to: 'eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz'

eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz                              100%[====================================================================================================================>]   1.85M   110KB/s    in 15s

2020-08-29 07:19:49 (126 KB/s) - 'eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz' saved [1945415/1945415]

Devuan tmp2 # tar xf eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz
Devuan tmp2 # cd eudev-3.2.7
Devuan eudev-3.2.7 # wget https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz
--2020-08-29 07:21:08--  https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz
Resolving pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)... 54.36.142.183, 2001:41d0:2:1f68::3624:8eb7
Connecting to pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)|54.36.142.183|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 61868 (60K) [text/plain]
Saving to: 'eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz'

eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz                          100%[====================================================================================================================>]  60.42K   133KB/s    in 0.5s

2020-08-29 07:21:09 (133 KB/s) - 'eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz' saved [61868/61868]

Devuan eudev-3.2.7 # dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
dpkg-buildpackage: error: cannot open file debian/changelog: No such file or directory

Maybe exacually LOOK at the config ??
rules don't tell all !!

dh_auto_configure --builddirectory=build-udeb \
        -- --exec-prefix= --with-rootprefix= --with-rootlibdir=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu --disable-silent-rules --disable-selinux --disable-manpages CPPFLAGS='-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' CFLAGS='-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security' LDFLAGS='-Wl,-z,relro'
        cd build-udeb && ../configure --build=aarch64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --includedir=\${prefix}/include --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --disable-silent-rules --libdir=\${prefix}/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu --libexecdir=\${prefix}/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --exec-prefix= --with-rootprefix= --with-rootlibdir=/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu --disable-silent-rules --disable-selinux --disable-manpages "CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" "CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security" LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-maintainer-mode

So, Ok, maybe 3.2.9 gets a little further, but still

Offline

#4 2020-08-29 12:34:52

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2019-03-24
Posts: 1,142  
Website

Re: eudev

ShorTie wrote:

All Lives Matter

Yes, that's the whole point of Black Lives Matter — at the moment black lives seem to matter less than non-black lives roll

And I am very pleased to offend such an ignorant fuckwit as yourself big_smile

ShorTie wrote:
Devuan ~ # mkdir tmp2
Devuan ~ # cd tmp2
Devuan tmp2 # wget https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz
--2020-08-29 07:19:32--  https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz
Resolving pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)... 54.36.142.183, 2001:41d0:2:1f68::3624:8eb7
Connecting to pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)|54.36.142.183|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1945415 (1.9M) [text/plain]
Saving to: 'eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz'

eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz                              100%[====================================================================================================================>]   1.85M   110KB/s    in 15s

2020-08-29 07:19:49 (126 KB/s) - 'eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz' saved [1945415/1945415]

Devuan tmp2 # tar xf eudev_3.2.7.orig.tar.gz
Devuan tmp2 # cd eudev-3.2.7
Devuan eudev-3.2.7 # wget https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz
--2020-08-29 07:21:08--  https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/e/eudev/eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz
Resolving pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)... 54.36.142.183, 2001:41d0:2:1f68::3624:8eb7
Connecting to pkgmaster.devuan.org (pkgmaster.devuan.org)|54.36.142.183|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 61868 (60K) [text/plain]
Saving to: 'eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz'

eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz                          100%[====================================================================================================================>]  60.42K   133KB/s    in 0.5s

2020-08-29 07:21:09 (133 KB/s) - 'eudev_3.2.7-6.debian.tar.xz' saved [61868/61868]

Devuan eudev-3.2.7 # dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
dpkg-buildpackage: error: cannot open file debian/changelog: No such file or directory

WTF are you doing? Why didn't you unpack the tarball containing the debian directory? hmm

Try this instead:

# apt install build-essential devscripts
# tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list <<<'deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ beowulf main'
# apt update
mkdir -p ~/builds/eudev && cd ~/builds/eudev
apt source eudev && cd eudev-3.2.7
# mk-build-deps --install --remove
debuild -us -uc
# aptitude purge eudev-build-deps

^ That works for me.

ShorTie wrote:

Maybe exacually LOOK at the config ?

I did:

override_dh_auto_configure:
        dh_auto_configure --builddirectory=build-deb \
                -- $(CONFFLAGS) $(CONFFLAGS_deb)
        dh_auto_configure --builddirectory=build-udeb \
                -- $(CONFFLAGS) $(CONFFLAGS_udeb)

Black Lives Matter

Offline

#5 2020-08-29 15:22:48

ShorTie
Member
Registered: 2020-05-14
Posts: 15  

Re: eudev

Still you don't look at the output of what is actually happening.
Your only looking in the rules files that DOES NOT TELL WHAT ALL that happens.
During your dh_auto_configure from the rules.

Offline

#6 2020-08-29 16:30:50

golinux
Administrator
Registered: 2016-11-25
Posts: 2,076  

Re: eudev

OT but relevant . . . doesn't your browser have a spellcheck?

Offline

Board footer