The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-25 13:26:50

siva

Holiday thread/traditions

Since we're all from different parts of the world and different walks of life, I was wondering what everyone's holiday tradition(s) are.

Every year, on the 25th, my brother and I go to Waffle House at some point.  It's an inside joke from a couple of years when we were vacationing over Christmas break and our parents couldn't get us actual food, because pretty much everything is understandably closed.  My digestive tract hates me for it every year.

Whatever your tradition is, I hope you enjoy it.

leadsanta.jpg

#2 2018-12-25 17:17:51

golinux
Administrator

Re: Holiday thread/traditions

Holiday traditions are a form of social control and propaganda.  All of them pretty much suck and disrupt the sameness of days.  I ignore all of them.  I do acknowledge the solstice and equinox - reminds me how small we are in the universe - and of course, the birth of Devuan.  LOLOLOL!

#3 2018-12-25 18:13:31

freenet_bro

golinux wrote:

Holiday traditions are a form of social control and propaganda.  All of them pretty much suck and disrupt the sameness of days.  I ignore all of them.  I do acknowledge the solstice and equinox - reminds me how small we are in the universe - and of course, the birth of Devuan.  LOLOLOL!

I have basically the same opinion.

I just do whatever I want to do.

#4 2018-12-25 20:27:41

zephyr
Website

Retired now and enjoy holidays and family. Consider myself a conservative with traditional holidays in the US, respect and enjoy participating in other cultures holidays too!

We all enjoy being ourselves, what we embrace as individuals should be respected. Holidays give us a chance to reflect and break routine with the norm.

Guess I'm a holiday person! smile

cheers && Merry Christmas

zephyr

CROWZ
easier to light a candle, yet curse the dark instead / experience life, or simply ...merely exist / ride the serpent / molon labe

#5 2018-12-25 22:54:41

yeti

golinux wrote:

I do acknowledge the solstice and equinox - reminds me how small we are in the universe - and of course, the birth of Devuan.  LOLOLOL!

+42 \o/

So some days late but better than never: Happy midwinter!

<πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš˜πš—πš•πš˜πšŠπš='πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πš.πš‹πš˜πšπš’.πš’πš—πš—πšŽπš›π™·πšƒπ™Όπ™»="π™³πš’πšœπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ π™Ήπš‚!";'>
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”’ π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ 𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔯 π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”±π”° 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 π”Ÿπ”’π”©π”¬π”΄ π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔀𝔒𝔱 𝔱𝔬 π”²π”«π”°π”²π”Ÿπ”°π” π”―π”¦π”Ÿπ”’!

#6 2018-12-25 23:10:49

golinux
Administrator

@yeti . . . WOW!  Just saw your new sig.   Made my day.

#7 2018-12-25 23:50:43

dxrobertson

Traditional western "christmas" here, but probably more of yule or yuletide for us.  Enjoy the yule "winterness" of the time of year; solstice, a small 8 inch fake fir tree, some lights, stockings hung, couple gifts exchanged, a Quorn Roast feast along with some beers and wine.  Watch A Christmas Story.  Done, time to bed!

Board footer