The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-28 18:24:42

brday
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 17

numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

Hello community!

I try to install or configure numix-icon-theme-circle.tar.gz but it doesn't detect the system, someone help me?

Offline

#2 2017-10-28 21:06:00

greenjeans
Member
Registered: 2017-04-07
Posts: 355
Website

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

Right-click that file, choose "extract here", next move the extracted icon pack into /usr/share/icons/

That should do it, you can change the ownership to root if you want.

Icons are easy like that, just drop them in the folder and when you next pull up your preferences editor they should be there.


https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal 64 and 32 bit Devuan-based openbox and mate systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

Offline

#3 2017-10-28 21:20:03

golinux
Administrator
Registered: 2016-11-25
Posts: 650

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

They could also go into an .icons directory in you user directory.

Online

#4 2017-10-28 21:52:38

MiyoLinux
Member
Registered: 2016-12-05
Posts: 284

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

Also...

After you extract it, look to see if there is an "index.theme" included. If not, you may have to install the regular (square) Numix icons too. When I first started using the Circle icons, they wouldn't work unless the regular (square) icons were also installed.


I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

Offline

#5 2017-10-28 23:56:34

brday
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 17

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

greenjeans wrote:

Right-click that file, choose "extract here", next move the extracted icon pack into /usr/share/icons/

That should do it, you can change the ownership to root if you want.

Icons are easy like that, just drop them in the folder and when you next pull up your preferences editor they should be there.

Hello greenjeans, I have proceeded more or less as you mention, however it does not detect the Devuan system nor is displayed in icons of the appearance settings.

# cd /home/user/Download/
# mv numix-icon-theme-circle.tar.gz /usr/share/icons/

# cd /usr/share/icons/
# tar -zxvf numix-icon-theme-circle.tar.gz

numix-icon-theme-circle/
numix-icon-theme-circle/slack-desc
numix-icon-theme-circle/numix-icon-theme-circle.info
numix-icon-theme-circle/README
numix-icon-theme-circle/doinst.sh
numix-icon-theme-circle/numix-icon-theme-circle.SlackBuild
# 

# cd numix-icon-theme-circle/
# ls

doinst.sh		      numix-icon-theme-circle.SlackBuild  slack-desc
numix-icon-theme-circle.info  README
#
golinux wrote:

They could also go into an .icons directory in you user directory.

It also does not detect Devuan in the created .icons directory of the user. 

MiyoLinux wrote:

....look to see if there is an "index.theme" included. If not, you may have to install the regular (square) Numix icons too. When I first started using the Circle icons, they wouldn't work unless the regular (square) icons were also installed.

What does square have to do with numix? There's no index.theme.

Last edited by brday (2017-10-29 00:09:53)

Offline

#6 2017-10-29 02:36:23

MiyoLinux
Member
Registered: 2016-12-05
Posts: 284

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

brday wrote:
MiyoLinux wrote:

....look to see if there is an "index.theme" included. If not, you may have to install the regular (square) Numix icons too. When I first started using the Circle icons, they wouldn't work unless the regular (square) icons were also installed.

What does square have to do with numix? There's no index.theme.

Numix Icons are square in shape; Numix Circle Icons are (or were) a supplement to the square shaped Numix icons. Unless they have changed, Numix Circle wouldn't work without also installing the square Numix Icons too. That's how it worked when I started using them. If it's changed, I don't know, because I made a .zip file of them back then, and that's what I've used ever since.


I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

Offline

#7 2017-10-30 20:48:18

greenjeans
Member
Registered: 2017-04-07
Posts: 355
Website

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

Ahh I see, it's not a conventional icon setup, some crazy svg stuff, looks like you need to run some script to generate more icon sizes, and all I see in the thing is an "apps" group of icons, no system icons of any kind.

Pass.

Sorry I couldn't help, maybe there's a .deb somewhere. Or even better if someone who has them installed would make a quick zip file of the actual icons.

Me I usually delete SVG's with great prejudice, the big ones especially drag menus to a crawl if you let programs use them, Libreoffice is especially bad, Handbrake only has one but it's even worse than the libre icons.

I just deleted more of them this morning in fact, and am about to get rid of the last one infesting my menu.

Deleted a big pile of pointless 512x512 PNG's too, and all the Adwaita 256x256's.


https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal 64 and 32 bit Devuan-based openbox and mate systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

Offline

#8 2017-10-31 01:34:36

MiyoLinux
Member
Registered: 2016-12-05
Posts: 284

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

greenjeans wrote:

Deleted a big pile of pointless 512x512 PNG's too, and all the Adwaita 256x256's.

DAGNABIT! ...and I was wanting to make a poster... big_smile


I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

Offline

#9 2017-10-31 19:39:40

greenjeans
Member
Registered: 2017-04-07
Posts: 355
Website

Re: numix-icon-theme-circle how to install and configure on Devuan?

MiyoLinux wrote:
greenjeans wrote:

Deleted a big pile of pointless 512x512 PNG's too, and all the Adwaita 256x256's.

DAGNABIT! ...and I was wanting to make a poster... big_smile

LOL!!

I actually felt like Handbrake had worn the monkey-face-of-shame.png for long enough, so last night I fired up Inkscape and started making PNG's from the SVG, worked great, I did tint2conf.svg too, it's another one that only had one SVG instead of individual PNG's but it wasn't a gigantic one like Handbrake had, but since i'm doing it I though I would do them all, so now my menu's have zero SVG's being used for icons. Nice and quick.


https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuu-do/
Vuu-do GNU/Linux, minimal 64 and 32 bit Devuan-based openbox and mate systems to build on, maximal versions if you prefer your linux fully-loaded.

Please donate to support Devuan and init freedom! https://devuan.org/os/donate

Offline

Board footer