The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-28 03:17:48

inukaze

[SOLVED]Package : firmware-iwlwifi[/SOLVED]

Hi there, i am from venezuela. i had installed "Devuan" from "CD Installer ISO" because the "Desktop Live" don't work with "Canamita MG101A3" (Netbook)

During the installation process, show me a dialog box with the warning of non-free components for WiFi.

iwlwifi-105-6.ucode iwlwifi-105-5.ucode

i search it, and i found in the "Debian" Packages sites Here. but for Devuan i don't find the same package.

Right now this netbook knows like "Canamita" Model : MG101A3. had Devuan installed, but can't access internet because i dont have lan cables, or wifi. i can't install more things without internet

I don't know if capable to access internet in xfce4 i don't see the "network-manager-applet" active (i hope don't be during the installation i don't have way to access internet, and by that dont install the applet because i choose "Configure later")

Last edited by inukaze (2018-01-28 12:22:00)

#2 2018-01-28 11:00:50

cynwulf

Re: [SOLVED]Package : firmware-iwlwifi[/SOLVED]

Just use the distribution agnostic method for now:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/use … i#firmware

#3 2018-01-28 12:20:47

inukaze

Re: [SOLVED]Package : firmware-iwlwifi[/SOLVED]

i notice after make usb booteable with rufus in fat32. the "firmware" folder, just have simbolic links, in the usb stick, i copy the real files to the path, and after i had installed again. i that solve my problems with network connection during the instalation.

after installation, i dont have internet, but that is another thing. xD i solve that, making the same installation on my main pc with Slackware, inside a Virtual Machine, with virtualbox. after i copy the downloaded files to usb, and connect to the netbook, and installed the packages i had downloaded. for solve that.

Board footer