The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 Today 13:59:19

webman
Member
Registered: 2022-08-27
Posts: 65  

[SOLVED] Get rid of colored output in excalibur

Hello!

I try to use xcalbur and setup two (K)VMs for it.
After struggle with setup in (K)VM (the setup crashes directly at the beginning and then continues),
I missed OpenSSH-server in the first disk ("server"). After a lot of disk-changes (the other ISOs) I try
to use it using ssh. Its not to understand, that no sshserver is in the basic system!

With ssh running; I got a big wonder: An "export TERM=xterm-mono" does not prevent apps to show
colored output, which is for some colors unreadable for me.
Should I go back to daedalus or is there a "workaround" ?

Thanks,
Manfred

Offline

#2 Today 15:05:38

webman
Member
Registered: 2022-08-27
Posts: 65  

Re: [SOLVED] Get rid of colored output in excalibur

Hello!

That night was really toooo long.
What lead me into the wrong directlion, was the "ip" command.
Its ignoring the TERM settings and requires to add commandline arguments.
This is really a mess - if they wont better output, they should use a real GUI for that.
Using "ip -c=never" does it, but its a mess.

Regards,
Manfred

Offline

#3 Today 15:17:54

delgado
Member
Registered: 2022-07-14
Posts: 302  

Re: [SOLVED] Get rid of colored output in excalibur

For the occasional use I pipe into cat.

$ ls -l
 ** with colorful output
$ ls -l | cat
 ** no colors anymore 

Offline

#4 Today 19:08:57

webman
Member
Registered: 2022-08-27
Posts: 65  

Re: [SOLVED] Get rid of colored output in excalibur

Hi!

Thanks, yes, any pipe would do ....

Forgot to set it "marked"

Regards,
Manfred

Offline

Board footer