You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I want to run some 32-bit games in Wine, on Excalibur 64-bit.
Installed Excalibur 64-bit from minimal 1GB media. Added plenty of packages afterwards. At some point figured out that 32-bit libraries are needed. Enable 32 bit architecture, but many packages and libraries are installed 64-bit only. It looked like a major screw-up, but figured out that I'd be in, more or less, same situation if I installed 64-bit from larger media. So, it might not be that bad
Problem is that I don't know what libraries I need. I figured out it might be OpenGL libraries and re-installation of proprietary NVidia driver. Probably much more than that... Wine and dependencies are installed with 32-bit architecture enabled, so it should be good. Can someone give me an idea what else I might need, please ?
Offline
if you need games , you could test-install the steam.deb that could solve additional dependencies for you=?
afterwards you could just remove the steam, and the driver might remain for you.
wine usually install from wine hq, but there is also program "crossover" if you need specific support (never brought myself to buy a license for it, yet)
Offline
Well, if you have Wine installed, have you actually tried running any Win32 application? Here is a simple game I used to test that everything works correctly:
https://archive.org/details/disasteroids3d_exe
Run it in terminal (don't use double-click or Enter in GUI file managers):
wine disasteroids3d.exeSee how it goes for you. If it launches and you can see the asteroids flying around (rendered correctly), and you can play the game, you're probably good to go. If it hangs, just press Ctrl+C in terminal window and look for any errors it prints out. They may give you a clue as to what is missing.
Re-examine all that you have been told. Dismiss that which insults your soul. - Walt Whitman
Dump shampoo and hair dye
Global Skywatch・Subliminal Manipulation
Online
Pages: 1