The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-10 15:39:38

Segfault

Thanks!

Thanks for providing systemd free OS. smile Keep it up!

#2 2017-02-10 19:27:41

Nili
Website

Re: Thanks!

Indeed, thank you very much... Installed yesterday. It's very nice to feel init freedom again.

Thanks all folks behind Devuan.

Nili

openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE/Wayland

♫♪ Elisa playing...
Damascus Cocktail ♪ Black Reverie ♪ Dye the sky.

#3 2017-05-06 13:35:05

grumpyoldcomputerguy

Thanks to all the veteran admin people who decided, and will decide, to take a stand against systemd and the careless attitudes behind the systemd infiltration  that has occurred these past few years.  As a veteran linux server guy and systems admin (retired), I applaud your efforts.  I have discussed this with some younger admins and they just don't see it as a "big deal".   I disagree with that line of thinking.   

This winter I loaded devuan on my main personal working computer, a Dell laptop.  It look a couple of tries but I am very pleased with the load.  Thank you again
for all the hard work and tough decisions that were/are being made.   If I can be of service, please email.  I hope to be able to contribute once in a while.   
Thanks to all.

#4 2017-05-09 10:14:48

KatolaZ

Hi,

the best way to "thank" Devuan is to help making it survive, grow, and prosper. Please consider whether you can contribute with any of the things indicated in the "wishlist" here:

https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/stabl … nce-050517

under the section "Anyone can help Devuan". Hang out on the IRC channel #devuan (freenode) to find fellow Devuaners, or roll your sleeves up and shout on #devuan-dev to get in touch with devs and offer your help.

Devuan is not much about "making a point", rather about "drawing a new path". And everyone is responsible for making this new path become real ;-)

HND

KatolaZ

Board footer