The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-08-17 00:50:17

zapper

[SOLVED] AMD Installation,

I recently got an AMD 13 inch framework laptop, but I am wondering, I tried installing daedalus, but its not paying attention to my boot usb drive.

It has a live usb, but for some reason, it is failing. Anyone had this problem with framework amd laptop?

Thanks in advance.

If so, can you tell me what I need to do , to get my framework computer working with devuan?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#2 2024-08-17 07:30:43

rolfie

Re: [SOLVED] AMD Installation,

I guess its due to the "bios" of this new machine. Have you ever worked with UEFI? I guess this Framework laptop is UEFI only.

To boot an USB stick you will need to call up a function called boot override. On my workstation its F8, on my travelling laptop its F12. Read the manual to find out how this works with your new toy.

#3 2024-08-17 08:27:45

Camtaf

Devuan installs to either MBR or UEFI, so it will be that your laptop needs to be set to boot from external USB before internal disk.

#4 2024-08-17 15:55:17

fanderal

Had that happen when I first tried booting to a USB. Rebooted to the bios and found it last in the boot order. As @Camtaf posted, I saved it to first and it boots to a USB.

#5 2024-08-18 01:04:51

zapper

Seems I made a huge stupid mistake when I tried the first bunch of times to load it.

I didn't disable secure boot!

Guess what I did once I realized that? I think you know.

smile

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

Board footer