The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-19 15:48:41

little

Docker-Compose Issues on Daedalus

I've been running Docker for a couple years, and posted the following guide: https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=2583 but it looks like an error has come up with docker-compose. Note that the following is with docker from the Devuan repos. Docker still works, but docker-compose has failed in the past couple months with the following error:

docker-compose up
Starting dolibarr_tux_mariadb_1 ... error

ERROR: for dolibarr_tux_mariadb_1  Cannot start service mariadb: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting "cgroup" to rootfs at "/sys/fs/cgroup": mount cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup/elogind (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xf, data: elogind: invalid argument: unknown

ERROR: for mariadb  Cannot start service mariadb: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting "cgroup" to rootfs at "/sys/fs/cgroup": mount cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup/elogind (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xf, data: elogind: invalid argument: unknown
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

I tried instead uninstalling docker from the devuan repos and installing docker from the official docker repos, but that failed also. There is no sysvinit script installed, so it is unable to start (the old init script from daedalus doesn't seem to work). One thing to beware of: if you try to uninstall, you will get the following error:

apt-get purge docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-buildx-plugin docker-compose-plugin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  git git-man liberror-perl patch
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  containerd.io* docker-buildx-plugin* docker-ce* docker-ce-cli* docker-compose-plugin*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 5 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 402 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 140980 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing docker-ce (5:25.0.4-1~debian.12~bookworm) ...
Stopping Docker: dockerstart-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 23915: No such process
No process in pidfile '/var/run/docker-ssd.pid' found running; none killed.
invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing package docker-ce (--remove):
installed docker-ce package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: too many errors, stopping
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
installed docker-ce package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
docker-ce
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

The answer to this second error is to remove the init script leftover from the previous install. Then you can go back to the Devuan repos.

Going back to docker-compose, I managed to get a workaround. Install the standalone binary from https://docs.docker.com/compose/install/standalone/ (As of 3/2024 I used https://github.com/docker/compose/relea … ux-x86_64)

If anyone has any hints on the devuan repo docker-compose error at the top let me know.

Last edited by little (2024-03-19 16:08:36)

give a man an init, he takes an os

Board footer