The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-07-16 21:06:26

andyp67

Re: Install with Runit as the init

Thats for Chimaera,
for Daedalus it's,
elogind libelogind-compat libelogind0 libpam-elogind libpolkit-agent-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 policykit-1 policykit-1-gnome pkexec polkitd polkitd-pkla
thats with Chromium, maybe falkon is different.
What it is is the same which is gnome surveillance

Last edited by andyp67 (2023-07-16 21:18:03)

#27 2023-07-16 21:09:25

andyp67

apt-get --no-install-recommends install
is what I've learned recently

#28 2023-07-17 10:18:21

jacksprat

Thanks @andyp67: for "rsync" think a better "cp" command:  I have been using it to clone file systems, moving between partitions and removable backup drives.  The issue with startx and /tmp is just an annoying thing of my own doing, and can be resolved.

Aside:  whilst I have used computers for 50 years [mainly scientific research], only since 2015 have I taken an interest  in alternative init systems [etc].  I started by replacing sysvinit with "sinit" on Debian7 and Devuan.  However, I got bored with that, and moved to Void Linux and Runit.  Recently, I have explored Runit on AntiX and Devuan:  both are complicated by re-using the sysvinit scripts.  Both mean I must learn apt, apt-get and dpkg anew.  Hence the questions here.

#29 2023-07-17 13:56:56

andyp67

Born 1967 and missed computer studies by one year, had to learn digital photography, 1998 got a 233MHz Toshiba laptop, partitioned with SystemRescueCd and put Red Hat 6 on it, Fedora came, I went to Debian. Kitchen sink Knoppix was in my toolkit, also Robert Shingledecker is a hero, and Puppy Linux to easyos. cdc-acm USB GPRS was my first mountain to learn, then bluetooth GPRS.
Sometimes on the news you can see in a warzone some state sponsored whackos blowing the front off a hotel, git them journalists.
Alas I got bored of loonies trying to chop my head off.
A decade ago was DSLR and netbook and I could GPRS bluetooth a 3G phone on the fly in Sidux/Aptosid.
When that kit got robbed I got an armoured compact (camera,) and my first Android, Huawei, QWERTY.
jackpal terminal console, Xavier Gouchet Ted text processor, ffmpeg4android, Pixlr (2.6) Stay Alive! (display,) CryptIt blowfish cipher.
Moving too fast or dug in too deep, more. Bosnia was film and chemicals and facsimile and dish. Big bucks.
Anyway Klaus Kalder at easyos stimulation moved on to embedded, fair enough.
Obviously MX Linux is the contemporaneous kitchen sink, but I think antiX is the champ, again, one director, one man.
The Greek State understands that the future is open-source, it's not my bias because I am British and Greek.
News page on antixlinux dot com Bookworm beta June 11, 2023, runit & sysvinit.

Last edited by andyp67 (2023-07-17 14:01:32)

Board footer