The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-23 16:58:20

rolfie

[SOLVED] Daedalus issues with wifi connection

I am abroad with my laptop, and can't get into the hotels wifi network with Daedalus.

Details: got an Acer Aspire and as well Chimaera as Daedalus on the machine, Cinnamon DE, wifi drivers loaded, ufw and network manager installed, both installations detect the hotel's network. They have no security running, just a login page requesting a password.

With Chimaera up and running, internet access works. Got a request within Firefox that asked for the hotels guest password. This post is from Chimaera.

But I would like to get Daedalus to do the same thing because I have copied the evolution mail file from my desktop at home running Daedalus and would like to use it. Looks like the database is incompatible to the one on Chimaera, and working with more than one mail account via web interface isn't fun.

Daedalus also sees the hotel's network. But for some reason I do not get the pw request in Firefox. I have played around a lot, disabled NoScript and UBlock, checked all my settings if I am too strict, to no effect. Meanwhile I seem to have generated a list of numbered connections shown in the network connections screen. On Chimaera I only have one called "Automatic Hotel xyz".

Currently I am out of ideas why I do not get the pw request. What do I need to check for a systematic troubleshooting?

Thanks,

#2 2023-02-23 18:04:16

delgado

Re: [SOLVED] Daedalus issues with wifi connection

Did you try to copy the URL form the network-portal-login-page visible in Chimaera's Firefox and re-use it in Daedalus?

#3 2023-02-23 20:13:14

rolfie

Yes, initially only the main thing,

http://hotspot.nonius.hsia/Hotspot/index.php?

now on your suggestion I copied the complete entry from the cronicle (its quite long) and changed the IP that was used. Firefox opens the page, but instead of waiting for my entries and the Enter button, it tries to jump to the hotel's home page immediately. Very strange.

On the Back button I can stop FF to allow my entries, but it does not work.

BTW, I have Firefox ESR installed on both releases.

#4 2023-02-25 21:15:30

rolfie

After some more unsystematic fiddeling I compared the two /etc/network/interfaces files and found that in Daedalus the initial eth0 wired connection still was enabled. Wired at home was no problem. Guess what, after reboot I got into the hotel's network.

This post is from my laptopn running Daedalus via wifi.

Thanks for the suggestion, rolfie

Board footer