The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-28 22:06:47

recklessswing

Printing and network printing works perfectly

I use a zebra printer on a debian machine, and I used devuan machine to connect and print from it. I did nothing in devuan machine at all. Just setting up printer on debian, then when I open printer-options, there is that printer(given that they are connected to the same network). Then I printed, it worked the first time. I am happy. Although, for few first tries, it shown printing pages too big for it's size. For example I use something like 50*30mm, but libreoffice writer page there is 500*300mm at least. But after a few restarts now it works. Great, we don't depend on systemd for this then smile

#2 2022-10-29 10:57:23

Ogis1975
Website

Re: Printing and network printing works perfectly

recklessswing wrote:

Great, we don't depend on systemd for this then smile

This is, because the Debian printing system has undergone many significant changes over the past few years, with much of the printer management taking advantage of the advances in modern printer technology and the proliferation of IPP printers. Modern printers are catered for by CUPS and supported by OpenPrinting initiatives such as cups-filters.

What economists call over-production is but a production that is above the purchasing power of the worker, who is reduced to poverty by capital and state.
            ----+- Peter Kropotkin -+----

Board footer