The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-06 17:47:45

ndavilam

Scribus - Daedalus

Hi friends!

I have installed Devuan Daedalus on my new computer and I have observed that the Scribus package for Daedalus does not exist, exist an alternative repo without compromising or breaking the system due to dependencies?

#2 2022-08-06 19:13:28

delgado

Re: Scribus - Daedalus

Hi,
Scribus from chimaera should work on daedalus too.
It should not hurt to have chimaera in source.list addionally. Someone disagrees? Any package will be superseeded by an existing daedalus package.

#3 2022-08-09 11:15:15

Ogis1975
Website

delgado wrote:

It should not hurt to have chimaera in source.list addionally.

Don't make a FrankenDevuan....

What economists call over-production is but a production that is above the purchasing power of the worker, who is reduced to poverty by capital and state.
            ----+- Peter Kropotkin -+----

#4 2022-08-10 12:49:46

auanta

ndavilam wrote:

Hi friends!

I have installed Devuan Daedalus on my new computer and I have observed that the Scribus package for Daedalus does not exist, exist an alternative repo without compromising or breaking the system due to dependencies?

You could maybe use git to clone the source repo it comes from, compile it and use dpkg to install as a .deb

The process might be intimidating the first time, but there are some good guides on it, I believe Debian wiki has one.

Just gotta read the README files in the source tarball, the developer should provide clear instructions for source compilation.

Devuan GNU/Linux, the sysadmin secret sauce
> "I use Hyperbola btw" my favorite BSD wink

Disclaimer: If I give you any technical advice, always double check it, because even though I used GNU/Linux many years, I'm still learning, just like you. I try to help, but I could be wrong! Empower yourself!

Board footer