The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-18 17:56:32

MiyoLinux

Using the Pragha Music Player with only alsa

I realize that this may not be of much use to very many people, but I thought that I would post it just in case it may help someone.

My favorite GUI music player is Pragha. However, if you install it on an "alsa-only" system, it won't play out-of-the-box.

When looking at the recommended packages, it only recommends gstreamer1.0-plugins-good and gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio. Both will be included in a "normal" installation of Pragha.

You can safely remove gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio after the installation. wink tongue

Anyway...back to the topic. It won't play on an alsa-only system after installation.

To get it to work, you will need to also install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad...even though it's not listed as a recommended package.

After installing that, and you have Pragha set to use alsa, it works perfectly. smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2022-06-19 08:36:33

Camtaf

Re: Using the Pragha Music Player with only alsa

Like it!

Even though I don't use it, (never actually heard of it, but might give it a try).

Thanks for posting the solution.

Board footer