The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#76 2021-10-14 21:38:06

Lomax

Re: Debian has fallen. What now?

golinux wrote:
cafinux wrote:

So yes I'm putting my hand up if something needs doing . . .

perhaps fix a bug

This prompted me to have a look at the bug tracker, but I can't even figure out how to find any relevant bug reports, which perhaps disqualifies me before I even started. All the packages I looked at simply say "There is no maintainer for [package]. This means that this package no longer exists (or never existed). Please do not report new bugs against this package." - and the reports say (correctly) that the error is upstream with Debian. I imagine this will be the case with the vast majority of bugs. Is there a list of bugs that are actually with Devuan, and where it's worth looking to see if one can help?

"I cannot lie to you about your chances, but you have my sympathies."

#77 2022-03-09 20:12:19

zapper

larsH wrote:

Hi again

With the above reasons Devuan is not meant for you. So go and look somewhere else. Stop trolling, please.

Have a nice day
Lars H

To be honest, I kind of miss that troll, he was amusing, albeit, not always.

Meh, welp, easy come, easy go, it seems.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#78 2022-03-10 15:52:30

mckaygerhard
Website

zapper wrote:
larsH wrote:

Hi again

With the above reasons Devuan is not meant for you. So go and look somewhere else. Stop trolling, please.

Have a nice day
Lars H

To be honest, I kind of miss that troll, he was amusing, albeit, not always.

Meh, welp, easy come, easy go, it seems.

to be honest.. devuan has lack of manpower.. that's is a fact and is a good leadeership response to reconice that! but why ?

every time someone says that something is wrong as it works for the Veterans blah blah blah they assume that everyone does too..

don't worry... I still use devuan... of course only what works because for desktop it doesn't

CHANGED THE HORRENTOUS FIRST CHOSEND COLORS RIUGHT? goot one! as always.. wehre forced to change! XD

#79 2022-03-18 01:23:08

zapper

Ah, I wondered if you were still around, I wasn't sure if you left for good or not.

I looked at this thread of yours once, on your website, the first comment to you was rude for sure but some of it made sense,
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com/2021/0 … mment-form

I was with him somewhat until this nonsense that he spewed in his comment:

"And another thing, increasing RAM is valid for any computer instead of your useless argument of planet resources or that 64 bits are the devil. You really suck."

Planet resources dying is an extremely huge problem, you almost wonder if having a bunch of huge data collection corporations that waste massive amounts of water, for the sake of so called protection of national security might be a probem... that being said, 64 bit is not at all a problem if people would use some common sense in the design.

Hmm...

I wonder...

wink

Not that ram has to be a problem, its just that  efficiency is not valued enough on making all technology work efficiently.

Controlling everything seems to be many times more times important in tech sector, which may very well destroy the planet at some point.

Even Debian, has a lot of this, it is though at least good they have become more reasonable, but yeah, that person who replied to you, has an ego that makes me shiver.

sad

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

Board footer