The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-08 10:47:28

user9898

no ip address via DHCP

Hello community,

I am trying to install Chimaera on my Lamobo_R1  board with the Net_boot image.
However the clock in the top right hand corner shows January 1st which makes me assume that the clock might be again stuck at 1970.
When the installer dialog comes to the network setup section, the installer ends up unable to detect any ip address via DHCP.

I already tried a few different USB NICs, without any success. However if I do plug in a lan cable directly or to a USB NIC, each time the leds do come up. However the installer can not receive a IP address.
My personal guess is therefore the clock which is probably stuck at 1970.
Can anyone please advise me to how to resolve this problem?

thx,user9898

Last edited by user9898 (2021-12-08 10:56:34)

#2 2021-12-08 16:09:46

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: no ip address via DHCP

Did you check TTY4 or the installer log for any relevant error messages? Apologies if that question makes no sense, I've never used one of the ARM installers.

Have you tried assigning static addresses manually?

The actual URL from which you downloaded the "Net_boot image" would probably be useful. Ambiguity is almost always bad.

Brianna Ghey — Rest In Power

#3 2021-12-09 10:07:39

user9898

TTY4?
How do I please gain access to it ?
Is that via key combination such as 'ALT +F4" ?

the installer log for any relevant error messages

I am not sure if the installer generates any log files.
I guess this question is for someone, who is more in depth familiar with the installer 'under the hood'.

Have you tried assigning static addresses manually?

Yes, I also did try to set a static IP address - unfortunately also without any luck.

The actual URL from which you downloaded the "Net_boot image" would probably be useful. Ambiguity is almost always bad.

I downloaded the image from the this location
https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dis … rd-images/
However I had to built my image from two separate components.

You need to get 2 files from http://deb.devuan.org/devuan/dists/beow … rd-images/ :
    firmware.Lamobo_R1.img.gz
    partition.img.gz

2) No, dont extract them separately just follow the section 'NETBOOT IMAGE CREATION' on  http://arm-files.devuan.org/README.txt:
    After you downloaded those files, you will create the final image following this command, in the order bellow:
    zcat firmware.Lamobo_R1.img.gz partition.img.gz > Lamobo_R1.img

#4 2021-12-09 10:53:52

ralph.ronnquist
Administrator

Start the installer and at the very first dialog, use C-A-F2  and Enter so as to start a command shell in the installer.
Then set date and time with

# date -d '2021-12-09 21:47:23' 

or whatever it is for you.

If the installer has the hwclock command you may use that to reset the hardware clock from the now corrected system clock with

# hwclock -w

Following that, you use C-A-F1 to return to the installation, which now will work splendidly wink

Board footer