The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-21 15:17:00

rolfie

rfkill status popup

My wife's PC, upgraded from Beowulf to Chimaera. She gets a popup on every login requesting "Setting RfKill State requires privileges". When I log on on the same PC under my account, no popup. On my PC, same hardware, native Chimaera, I also do not get this popup. There is no bluetooth hardware built into both the PC's.

The only thing that might be different on my wifes PC is that there is a ReinerSCT tanJack deluxe for homebanking installed, but that is connected via USB and should not have bluetooth communication (no hint in the manual).

Looks like the policy org.blueman.policy is causing this. My wife usually cancels the popup.

Well, checked if rfkill is installed. Wasn't, installed it and no change. Also entering the root PW once did not change the behaviour.

Where do I start with troubleshooting? De-install blueman?

Thanks, rolfie

#2 2021-09-22 09:20:03

zapper

Re: rfkill status popup

rolfie wrote:

My wife's PC, upgraded from Beowulf to Chimaera. She gets a popup on every login requesting "Setting RfKill State requires privileges". When I log on on the same PC under my account, no popup. On my PC, same hardware, native Chimaera, I also do not get this popup. There is no bluetooth hardware built into both the PC's.

The only thing that might be different on my wifes PC is that there is a ReinerSCT tanJack deluxe for homebanking installed, but that is connected via USB and should not have bluetooth communication (no hint in the manual).

Looks like the policy org.blueman.policy is causing this. My wife usually cancels the popup.

Well, checked if rfkill is installed. Wasn't, installed it and no change. Also entering the root PW once did not change the behaviour.

Where do I start with troubleshooting? De-install blueman?

Thanks, rolfie

Probably, you have to remove* bluetooth crap as a whole... tlp + tlp gui would help though.

https://github.com/d4nj1/TLPUI

Just need tlp and to install tlpui, and you can have bluetooth disabled when you log in.

Takes a bit of setup, but you get the idea. smile

Meant to say remove not install, lol.

But yeah. tlp combined with tlp gui would also work as I mentioned.

Last edited by zapper (2021-09-22 09:20:50)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#3 2021-09-28 11:50:30

rolfie

Re: rfkill status popup

Some days later: today I was called to my wife's PC because it was un-usable. My wife missed the popup, it closed by itself and left the desktop (Mate) sort of locked. Could not open the menu, start no desktop item, the context menu of the desktop came up, but no action was possible. Could trigger a shutdown with CTRL-ALT-DEL.

After the reboot I looked at the group settings of my wife, and corrected one or the other thing. E.g. I added her to the bluetooth group, removable, CDROM..... Looks like this fixed the issue.

rolfie

Board footer