The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#76 2021-06-22 12:13:11

zapper

Re: Meet Chimaera's deepsea theme

sgage wrote:
zapper wrote:
golinux wrote:

They don't have a fixed schedule.  They have a "when it's ready" schedule as does Devuan.

They are.

Confirmation that it works or if not what the problem is would be helpful and appreciated.

Hmm, I don't usually use alphas, on my system...

I usually wait till beta to actually consider using it. 

wink

Unless I have a virtual machine of it, which isn't a bad idea. smile

I don't know what I will do, given my current focus, which is more or less Hyperbola, but its a thought to consider.

The installer iso's are alpha, not the distro. Chimaera, based on Debian Bullseye (which is almost ready to be released), is well tested. I've been using it without issues for months now.

That would make sense if its going to be releaesed in July,  good news though! smile

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#77 2021-06-26 17:37:32

Tatwi
Website

As a person who prefers a blue/white desktop/icon theme, I like this new theme better than the red theme (which I didn't like at all), however this shade of blue is somehow offensive to my eyes. No idea why, which I know isn't helpful, sorry. I prefer the lighter blue further down. That said, I will 100% be replacing Slim and desktop theme anyway, so my preferences are moot.

Your effort is appreciated none the less!

#78 2021-07-15 19:17:33

starbreaker
Website

I've started using Deepsea, and for some reason using a Clearlooks-based theme seems to make GTK apps feel more responsive. Also, it's a nice, clean, utilitarian look. I like it.

"Out of order? [BLEEP!] Even in the future nothing works."
desktop: refurbished ThinkCentre M92p (i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD)
laptop: refurbished Thinkpad T60 (Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 1TB SSD)
gemini capsule: starbreaker.org

#79 2022-01-01 10:51:55

Apostate

Thanks so much for this. I always loved the clearlooks theme in the old gnome 2  - particuarly the icons. This is always my theme of choice.

#80 2022-08-11 06:25:26

trabant-rgb

In which package would I find the deepsea based desktop background image? I'm using Gnome 3 on arm64, and it does not seem to be installed right now... a download link for the .jpg file itself would also help.

Thanks,
Alex

#81 2022-08-11 11:43:31

Ogis1975
Website

trabant-rgb wrote:

In which package would I find the deepsea based desktop background image? I'm using Gnome 3 on arm64, and it does not seem to be installed right now... a download link for the .jpg file itself would also help.

Thanks,
Alex

Hello. Just install package

desktop-base

What economists call over-production is but a production that is above the purchasing power of the worker, who is reduced to poverty by capital and state.
            ----+- Peter Kropotkin -+----

#82 2022-08-11 11:45:34

trabant-rgb

Thank you, found it!

#83 2022-10-14 15:39:36

Tatwi
Website

Know what? I changed my mind, the blue isn't bad. I recently reinstalled and haven't been arsed to customize the grub and slim themes and... it's fine. Sometimes I can be too picky.

Board footer