The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-04 22:36:25

pootler

Whats going on with brave browser??

HI - new to the forums.

Really enjoying Beowulf.
I come from a windows /Mac background, but learning fast.
At first installing Brave web Browser was fine, and the browsing experience was great.
But- I am now finding with every update of brave, the functionality of brave is getting worse! - it crashes reguarly, hangs on youtube videos, will simply not open some things.
I have taken to avoiding any Brave updates, and even have to downgrade the package to a build  7 or 8  builds earlier tto get any decent experience?

Anybody else having this problem?

Many Thanks

pootler

#2 2020-12-12 15:53:37

macondo

Re: Whats going on with brave browser??

I installed mine from the www.brave.com site -- No problems whatsoever...

Desktop Dual Core 8 GB RAM - Devuan Ceres - Slackware Current - Grub - JWM
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

#3 2021-01-28 01:46:38

mckaygerhard
Website

Re: Whats going on with brave browser??

pootler wrote:

HI - new to the forums.

At first installing Brave web Browser was fine, and the browsing experience was great.
But- I am now finding with every update of brave, the functionality of brave is getting worse! - it crashes Anybody else having this problem?

Many Thanks

pootler

i have this issues with ascii .. and now i use devuan only for development and for desktop home use antix or mxlinux with init (debian in core of course)

it seems the problem relies in incomplete updates.. by example brave depens on "x" package that are not upgraded so will crash.. devuan has a very slow update project so updates are not in sync with brade that in fact is take devuan as a debian system and devian has regular updates of course..

so i only updated brave or anything when i noted well sync updates on devuan respect debian..

Board footer