The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-20 13:40:56

clusterx

SDDM - login sreen missing

after my upgrade to beowulf everything works until the apt autoremove part, now a have to boot several times ... also the rescue mode does not work ... no su root possible, sometimes it starts the login screen afterwards instead of the rescue mode. In KDE start settings (sddm) the breeze login screen is shown twice. I have also tried to remove haveged but nothing changed ...
After Kwin is started, it shows a black screen only without mouse or login screen ... any idea?

Netbook - Aspire One D270

Last edited by clusterx (2020-08-20 13:50:36)

#2 2021-02-21 20:29:29

devujan

Re: SDDM - login sreen missing

I have the same problem with an Intel Laptop. I mitigated the problem and booted it into runlevel 3. So network is there and sshd is running - on default runlevel sddm is the last process before the machine is black and unresponsive. I replaced that Laptop with my old devuan ascii laptop. (With the migrated data from runlevel 3 via ssh...)
sddm is complaining about the absence of existing file in /usr in /var/log/syslog. SMART looks fine - but I also trace down the hints to dying storage hardware. (Anyway that laptop is a 5 year old discounter bargain...)  /var/log/Xorg.0.log is ok but wayland seems to suffer... - time to say goodbye

Medion E6424

Board footer