The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-10-24 15:38:36

EchedeyLR

RISCV support

I wanted to ask if there is thought or plan to provide support for RISCV-based computers (now an official arch in Debian starting by 13/Trixie).

Currently, I am playing a bit with a VisionFive2 which is gaining support bit by bit and was looking for a way to get Devuan (because I like the style which differs from Debian).

#2 2024-10-24 16:24:32

Camtaf

Re: RISCV support

Well, there's no official support for ARM, so I would guess not....

#3 2024-10-24 21:32:16

ralph.ronnquist
Administrator

Re: RISCV support

It may depend on what you mean by "Devuan" and "support for".

Technically "Devuan" (as organisation) is merely this small group of people that publish the collection of packages that includes all debian packages except some. Those that require systemd have been forked where possible and they are maintained (by these people) towards providing relevant functionality without systemd; most are forked but a few end up just being excluded from the devuan repositories. Currently supported (i.e. maintained, built and published) architectures are amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, riscv64 and ppc64el (all using debian's architecture labelling).

Though "Devuan" (as organisation) might also be understood to include the people that compose and publish filesystems and disk images that are installations of various kinds using devuan packages. Those works span a more limited range of architectures and they provide support (or not) individually for their published works. I'm aware of people having riscv64 installations of devuan packages but not of anyone publishing such for replication.

Board footer