The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-10-12 03:49:01

dindusmith

Transform cinnamon

I think cinnamon is an underrated desktop environment. I use devuan and cinnamon, and use runit as the initialization program. So far, everything feels good.

But its default settings are not beautiful, you need to make some improvements to it, first of all, the icon, I replaced the default icon with the papirus icon, now it looks much better, and then some programs that rely on systemd to use cannot be used, or cannot be used well.

So I replaced the default gnome-terminal with mate-terminal, replaced the gnome program with mateutils, and replaced the default gnome-screenshot with mate-screenshot, because it is not based on a tablet. In addition, I also deleted some of the included games, they are all located in /usr/games, so deleting them will not cause any trouble, using sound packages, adding sound settings, deleting libreoffice, and removing some services that start up at startup, such as exim4, dhcpcd, etc., which are unnecessary and can increase the boot speed. Installed the theme of icons and cursors. I added movie programs such as vlc and popcorntime. The icons were replaced in /usr/share/applications, I updated them by pressing the default alt+F2. I even set the background directory and put the default messy background images in the newly added system and user directories.

Now it looks great. Finally, I have to modify the default lightdm theme. In short, I did it all manually. Although it was a bit hard, the joy I got was unprecedented.
transform-cinnamon-v0-cqevhe9av8ud1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a0bc7167b4fe1f74e1a7c80ed7ec28c8908398c6

#2 2024-10-12 07:37:50

stargate-sg1-cheyenne-mtn

Re: Transform cinnamon

Be Excellent to each other and Party On!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Ted%27s_Excellent_Adventure
Do unto others as you would have them do instantaneously back to you!

Board footer