The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-09 03:04:48

MiyoLinux

My thanks to all!

I just want to say a quick thanks to everyone who is involved with the Devuan project. Throughout the years that I've used Linux...and I've tried them all...from A to Z (Arch to Zenwalk) ... and everything in between. wink I have to say that after all of it, I've never been as excited as I am about Devuan. big_smile

From those who are at the forefront of development to those who are working behind the scenes and may not get the recognition you deserve...you have my utmost and sincere thanks and admiration.

Thank you...and again I say, "Thank you!"

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#2 2017-05-09 10:17:35

KatolaZ

Re: My thanks to all!

Hi,

the best way to "thank" Devuan is to help making it survive, grow, and prosper. Please consider whether you can contribute with any of the things indicated in the "wishlist" here:

https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/stabl … nce-050517

under the section "Anyone can help Devuan". Hang out on the IRC channel #devuan (freenode) to find fellow Devuaners, or roll your sleeves up and shout on #devuan-dev to get in touch with devs and offer your help.

Devuan is not much about "making a point", rather about "drawing a new path". And everyone is responsible for making this new path become real
;-)

HND

KatolaZ

#3 2017-05-11 16:48:27

MiyoLinux

One of the things that I immediately noticed and appreciated about Devuan (from my personal experience) is that it uses slightly less resources than Debian. smile

KatolaZ wrote:

Hi,

the best way to "thank" Devuan is to help making it survive, grow, and prosper. Please consider whether you can contribute with any of the things indicated in the "wishlist" here:

https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/stabl … nce-050517

under the section "Anyone can help Devuan". Hang out on the IRC channel #devuan (freenode) to find fellow Devuaners, or roll your sleeves up and shout on #devuan-dev to get in touch with devs and offer your help.

Devuan is not much about "making a point", rather about "drawing a new path". And everyone is responsible for making this new path become real
;-)

HND

KatolaZ

Yes, thank you KatolaZ. There are many ways to help Devuan, and any way that we can help is worthy.

Some here know my situation. As such, I have (and will continue) donating financially to the Devuan project and will continue to spread the word.

Have a great day! smile

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

#4 2017-05-12 19:16:45

KatolaZ

Sorry, I genuinely didn't mean to sound accusative in my post, so please accept my apologies if it sounded
anywhere close to that.
I am always grateful for any kind of help people can give to Devuan, without distinction.

The thing is that Devuan genuinely needs to transform appreciation of users into concrete
help, of any kind wink

Thanks, and sorry again!

KatolaZ

#5 2017-05-12 23:00:14

MiyoLinux

KatolaZ wrote:

Sorry, I genuinely didn't mean to sound accusative in my post, so please accept my apologies if it sounded
anywhere close to that.
I am always grateful for any kind of help people can give to Devuan, without distinction.

The thing is that Devuan genuinely needs to transform appreciation of users into concrete
help, of any kind wink

Thanks, and sorry again!

KatolaZ

No apologies necessary friend; I'm in total agreement with you. smile

Hope you have a great day!

Board footer