The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-13 06:56:05

cafinux

Lxc

I thought I would take lxc for a spin on an older desktop I'm using for server duties. I haven't tried lxc before but I had run kvm-qemu on this computer before, but it sounded relatively straight forward. : (  I have hit trouble with getting a container to start and have run out of google search idea's, so here is what I get:

$ lxc-start -F -n chimdev
lxc-start: chimdev: ../src/lxc/cgroups/cgfsng.c: initialize_cgroups: 3832 Cannot allocate memory - Failed to initialize cgroups
lxc-start: chimdev: ../src/lxc/cgroups/cgroup.c: cgroup_init: 34 Bad file descriptor - Failed to initialize cgroup driver
lxc-start: chimdev: ../src/lxc/start.c: lxc_init: 862 Failed to initialize cgroup driver
lxc-start: chimdev: ../src/lxc/start.c: __lxc_start: 2027 Failed to initialize container "chimdev"
lxc-start: chimdev: ../src/lxc/tools/lxc_start.c: main: 306 The container failed to start
lxc-start: chimdev: ../src/lxc/tools/lxc_start.c: main: 311 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logpriority options "

If I use the lxc-unpriv-start command I get this:

$ lxc-unpriv-start -n chimdev
Can't start an unprivileged container on a pure CGroups v2 host without a systemd user session running.
If you are trying to get a non-interactive user to have unprivileged containers running, you need to
enable lingering sessions for that user, via loginctl enable-linger <user> as root.

Some more ideas to pursue would be appreciated as I said earlier I haven't tangled with containers before. Finding information on the subject when not using systemd is reasonably thin.

#2 2023-07-29 09:50:57

tom

Re: Lxc

grep cgroup /proc/mounts

What does this show?    I am using lxd, but it is a little bit tricky to compile.

Board footer