The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-04 00:48:37

nhgbnkjdfjmhbg

open source all Devuan drivers under the free GPLv3 license

Devuan closed-source drivers can have numerous vulnerabilities and backdoors of foreign intelligence services, I want the source code of Devuan drivers to be open to the whole world, I think it will be reliable

#2 2023-06-04 07:04:00

Dutch_Master

Re: open source all Devuan drivers under the free GPLv3 license

Clearly you have no idea how licenses work. If software depends on something that's already licensed (like drivers) then that license has precedence over any other license programmers desire to use. If that original license prohibits disclosing source code, then nobody is allowed to publish said source code, whether it's original or reverse-engineered (like the nVidia drivers). Period. Doing so exposes the publisher to serious legal problems, with hefty fines and other punishments.

Sure, go ahead and publish nVidia source code. Just don't come crying back when nVidia sues you for billions (yes, that's a b!) in damages and fines in a US Court. And if you do it here, the forum owner is legally obligated to provide Law enforcement, or the Courts, with any info they have on you. It doesn't matter where you live, as soon as you step foot in the US, or any of its allies and even neutral countries, if a US Court orders your arrest, you'd better have a d@mn good attorney!

#3 2023-06-04 09:02:29

soren

Re: open source all Devuan drivers under the free GPLv3 license

I wouldnt bother responding to OP, seems like a spam account.

Board footer