The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-03 16:34:21

lalberts

adduser ?

Hello,
thanks for making devuan available.. i never could get through systemd.. some easy thing that used toi be a long time ago, like post-logout-scripts.
so i am moving from debian to devuan.. at least i try with my little linux knowledge.
Could make easily a boot stick with the chimaera iso.
Booted right away on my old TP-x200s. All the UEFI stuff i did not yet assimilate neither. so i made my new ssd as a msdos partition-map,
and 2 or 3 try&error until my partitions were set right.. why this target-home  or target-boot names? 
somewhen I must have don a mistake when answering at the installation-procedure.
installation went through..first boot without boot-stick.
well the username was not available?  but  I had to use the hostname as username? password was then OK (the one made for the new user)
going into a sheel try to correct this username situation..
adduser ? no found.. ok, go as 'SU'.. well again not found.. so the PATH environment must not be set correctly..

what happened that user and passwd went wrong?

thanks
lukas

#2 2022-01-03 16:40:50

rolfie

Re: adduser ?

Please check the Release Notes (https://files.devuan.org/devuan_chimaer … _notes.txt) for the path/su issue.

How did you do your install? Sounds a bit like Expert Mode and leaving out one or the other step ...

rolfie

#3 2022-01-03 18:14:38

Camtaf

Easiest way to get up & running is to install from the 'live' version - basically, everything that works on Debian also works with Devuan.

(Try sudo useradd.)

#4 2022-01-04 08:44:37

lalberts

Thanks for your answers.
I did use the installer tool from the iso-live-version-boot-stick.
after install i had:
x200s:x:1000:1000:lukas,,,:/home/x200s:/bin/bash
using sudo adduser lukas  added me:
lukas:x:1001:1001::/home/lukas:/bin/sh
but the login process fails..
did not  make a home directory..
i will handle this, with time
thanks
lukas

Board footer