The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-23 02:59:05

joachin

Microphone key not working on XFCE

Hello, I have some problems trying to mute the microphone with the keyboard, the key doesn't work on XFCE; however, if I use other distro or DE the key works well. Any advice with this situation?

Thank you.

#2 2021-06-23 20:38:38

zapper

Re: Microphone key not working on XFCE

joachin wrote:

Hello, I have some problems trying to mute the microphone with the keyboard, the key doesn't work on XFCE; however, if I use other distro or DE the key works well. Any advice with this situation?

Thank you.

Hmm... I had this problem once, every time I poweroff my devuan system and power it back on, its enabled all over again.

On an unrelated note, I can't use the FN F4 key combination to make devuan go into suspend mode.  I may make a separate issue for that, although...

its odd I am on beowulf, a stable release and it does this... hmm

XFCE might be the problem for you, or it could be another mess that debian is allowing redhat to make.

hard to say...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

#3 2021-07-03 20:54:22

joachin

Hello there,

I have been testing others DE and I have the same inconvenience on them. Also, the F4 seems that is not working alone, but if I press the Fn + F4, Devuan takes it like only one key. I made a shortcut to silence the microphone (I know that the key is working because it works on any other distro). So, I don't know what the problem is.

#4 2021-07-22 00:45:59

g4570n

@joachin I follow here the conversation that we started on the irc channel.

You said you have Devuan Chimaera (XFCE) installed on a laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 330s 15-ikb.

The acpi-support package appears to provide support for the function keys of various notebook models:

"[...]It is able to:
* Detect loss and gain of AC power, lid closure, and the press of a
number of specific buttons (on Asus, IBM, Lenovo, Panasonic, Sony
and Toshiba laptops).[...]"

If that doesn't work, maybe it's because the IdeaPads have different firmware than other ThinkPad models:

"The ThinkPad SL series and IdeaPad series have firmware that is completely different from other ThinkPad models. Neither tp_smapi nor thinkpad-acpi support these models."
https://thinkwiki.org/wiki/tp_smapi#SL_ … nd_IdeaPad

Board footer