The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-06 05:27:10

mtbvfr

Ascii: Lenovo Trackpoint Scrolling

Hi Folks,

As per the following page, I have tried using the xorg.conf.d method using the file /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-thinkpad.conf by using "Lite-On Tech Lenovo USB Travel Keyboard with Ultra Nav" for the MatchProduct option but to no avail.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_co … TrackPoint

With MX17, I have the "xinput set-prop" method working but when that is used in Ascii the following errors are reported in .xsession-errors in the /home/user-name/ directory.

property 'Evdev Wheel Emulation' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format
property 'Evdev Wheel Emulation Button' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format
property 'Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format
property 'Evdev Middle Button Emulation' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format
property 'Evdev Middle Button Timeout' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format

What's missing?

Thanks, MTB.

#2 2018-09-06 05:53:42

ralph.ronnquist
Administrator

Re: Ascii: Lenovo Trackpoint Scrolling

I don't have this problem myself, but a quick round-trip through the cloud suggests that man libinput is a good source of learning the property names. In particular they seem to have libinput rather than "Evdev" as their first word.

#3 2018-09-06 15:10:54

mtbvfr

Re: Ascii: Lenovo Trackpoint Scrolling

ralph.ronnquist wrote:

I don't have this problem myself, but a quick round-trip through the cloud suggests that man libinput is a good source of learning the property names. In particular they seem to have libinput rather than "Evdev" as their first word.

Hi Ralph,

I replaced Evdev with libinput but the same errors were recorded.

Board footer