The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-15 12:31:20

Gregors
Website

[solved] Back to Debian 7

Hi there!

When I was younger I believed everything would get better as times goes by.  Especially software. Just like wine.

But today I tried using Hugin to stitch a panorama consisting of some photos I took just two hours ago. And guess what ... the output is that brilliant I would wipe my a. with.

So I want to get my „old“ system back (be able to boot into my old system). Hugin on my old system will feel like stepping back some decades. But it will work in a way I can handle. It always did.

The bad thing is that I cannot boot into that system because the devuan/lilo installation gave me a system that is unable to boot my old configuration. So I'm thinking of using qemu to setup a configuration with the old harddisk partitions. I'm sure Hugin would work (it always did).

But how can I achieve this? Or what can I do to make lilo to be able to boot my old debian system?

I'm some sort of helpless 'though I'm pretty used to solve problems.

So here's some information I consider helpful:

Harddisk partitions I use (Partitions marked with * are the ones I use for Devuan, some of them also used with old system):

Part. size      used for
   ----- --------- ---------------
 * sda1   10,00 GB Devuan /
 * sda2   11,17 GB swap
 * sda3    9,78 GB /usr/local
   sda4            extended
 * sda5   15,29 GB /home/gszaktilla/dokumente
 * sda6   29,49 GB Devuan /usr
 * sda7  322,09 GB /home/gszaktilla/dokumente/datensammlung
 * sda8  514,62 GB /home/gszaktilla/dokumente/qemu
   sda9    9,75 GB Debian /tmp
   sda10   9,32 GB Debian /var

sdb1   21,24 GB Debian 7.11 /   <------------------ old root partition
   sdb2   13,20 GB Devuan /tmp

sda is a hard disk (one of those with rotating magnet discs), sdb is an SSD.

/etc/fstab on sdb1 (old system) reads

/dev/sdb1       /                                                   ext4          errors=remount-ro,noatime       0   1
/dev/sda2       none                                                swap                                          0   0
/dev/sda3       /usr/local                                          ext4          user,exec                       0   8
/dev/sr0        /media/cdrom0                                       udf,iso9660   user,noauto                     0   0
/dev/sdd1       /media/usb0                                         auto          rw,user,noauto                  0   0
/dev/sdd2       /media/usb1                                         auto          rw,user,noauto                  0   0
/dev/sda9       /tmp                                                ext4          rw,user,exec                    0   6
/dev/sda10      /var                                                ext4          rw,user,exec                    0   7

/dev/sda5       /home/gszaktilla/dokumente                          ext3          rw,user,exec                    0   2
/dev/sda7       /home/gszaktilla/dokumente/datensammlung            ext4          ro,user,noexec                  0   3
/dev/sda8       /home/gszaktilla/dokumente/qemu                     ext4          rw,user,exec                    0   4

/dev/sdc1       /home/gszaktilla/dokumente/datensammlung/video      auto          rw,user,noexec                  0   0

/etc/lilo.conf („new“ system) reads

large-memory
#boot = /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD10EZEX-07M2NA0_WD-WCC3F3147296
#root = "UUID=6515d096-c5c2-4081-adf7-e778e324fee8"
compact
install=menu
menu-scheme = Wb:Yr:Wb:Wb
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=200

prompt
timeout=1000

default=debian

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only
        optional
#       alias=1
        initrd=/initrd.img

image=/vmlinuz.old
        label=LinuxOLD
        read-only
        optional
#       restricted
#       alias=2

initrd=/initrd.img.old

# If you have another OS on this machine to boot, you can uncomment the
# following lines, changing the device name on the `other' line to
# where your other OS' partition is.
#
other=/dev/sdb1
        label=debian
#       restricted
#       alias=3

image = /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-6-amd64
        label = "Debian"
        root = /dev/sdb1
        read-only
        initrd = /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-6-amd64

Well ... just for your entertainment: The output of the „newer“ Hugin is here: http://test.szaktilla.de/result.jpg

Do you need further information?

TIA

Gregor

Last edited by Gregors (2018-08-15 14:32:17)

#2 2018-08-15 13:19:15

cynwulf

Re: [solved] Back to Debian 7

If it's just the older version of that programme you want, then maybe try adding the Debian wheezy src repository, get the source and just build it for your current release.

#3 2018-08-15 14:31:24

Gregors
Website

Re: [solved] Back to Debian 7

cynwulf wrote:

If it's just the older version of that programme you want, then maybe try adding the Debian wheezy src repository, get the source and just build it for your current release.

Oh. This advice is the least I would have thinked of. I'll try this asap.

Thanks a lot!

Gregor

Board footer