The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-11-01 09:21:41

blackhole

Re: Will Devuan ever stop being based on Debian?

zapper wrote:

Whenever HyperbolaBSD is finished...

I wouldn't hold your breath nor stake your hopes on a project which makes such "hyperbolic" statements as:
"Due to the Linux kernel rapidly proceeding down an unstable path..." and talks a lit about GPL3 while planning to base its project on code which is anything but.

zapper wrote:

I have interest in this because of wine-staging doesn't work in it

So you have an interest in an, at this stage, theoretical project from developers that want use the OpenBSD kernel, GNU userland, remove all firmware and "liberate" the kernel, just so that you can run wine and MS Windows programmes? I see.

zapper wrote:

Edit here, OpenBSD disabled the mutlilib in wine for security reasons,

The OpenBSD project don't do any work on wine. The wine port has been incomplete / broken / abandoned for years.

Last edited by blackhole (2020-11-01 09:23:45)

#27 2020-11-01 20:58:29

zapper

Re: Will Devuan ever stop being based on Debian?

blackhole wrote:
zapper wrote:

Whenever HyperbolaBSD is finished...

I wouldn't hold your breath nor stake your hopes on a project which makes such "hyperbolic" statements as:
"Due to the Linux kernel rapidly proceeding down an unstable path..." and talks a lit about GPL3 while planning to base its project on code which is anything but.

zapper wrote:

I have interest in this because of wine-staging doesn't work in it

So you have an interest in an, at this stage, theoretical project from developers that want use the OpenBSD kernel, GNU userland, remove all firmware and "liberate" the kernel, just so that you can run wine and MS Windows programmes? I see.

zapper wrote:

Edit here, OpenBSD disabled the mutlilib in wine for security reasons,

The OpenBSD project don't do any work on wine. The wine port has been incomplete / broken / abandoned for years.

Yes I have interest, I want my operating system to be as secure as possible while still being able to do what I want on it. Only one of my laptops will ever have wine on it though. 

PS, I don't need to hold my breath,  And by the way, don't insult me.  It will turn into a flame war...

I am tired of being pissed, let's just say...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term  If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!

Board footer