The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-15 16:59:51

bones

ASCII beta installation from minimal iso?

Hello good people,

As I couldn't find a netinstall i386 version in the repos, I downloaded the minimal iso. I'm wondering if it's possible to do an installation from this disk?

I would just like to say to the devs, thanks for creating this systemd-free distro of Debian. I used Debian many years ago, but switched to Slackware and OpenBSD. When I decided to try Debian again, they had switched to using systemd, and that doesn't fly with me.

When I saw that you had a beta of v.2.0.0, I thought I'd give it a try. I did download the desktop live amd64 version for my main desktop machine at home, but I'd like to test also on an old, under-powered PC here at work, with only a CD drive. I have the minimal iso booted, but I'm not sure if I am able to install the beta from here.

Thanks!

EDIT: Downloading the i386 netinstall image from the VERY SLOW main server; it doesn't appear to have uploaded to the mirrors, yet.

Last edited by bones (2018-02-15 18:32:43)

#2 2018-02-15 19:50:10

MiyoLinux

Re: ASCII beta installation from minimal iso?

I finally found a mirror with the netinstall images earlier today. Instead of it taking 2 to 3 hours to download them, it only took a few minutes. smile

http://neo900.files.dev-1.org/files.dev … aller-iso/

I have been Devuanated, and my practice in the art of Devuanism shall continue until my Devuanization is complete. Until then, I will strive to continue in my understanding of Devuanchology, Devuanprocity, and Devuanivity.

Veni, vidi, vici vdevuaned. I came, I saw, I Devuaned. wink

#3 2018-02-15 20:57:41

bones

Re: ASCII beta installation from minimal iso?

MiyoLinux wrote:

I finally found a mirror with the netinstall images earlier today. Instead of it taking 2 to 3 hours to download them, it only took a few minutes. smile

Aha, very good, thank you, Miyo! Indeed, three minutes vs. three hours, big difference. smile

Board footer