The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Other Issues » How can I create my own Linux distribution based on Devuan » Today 12:06:53

Sorry, the reason I’m doing this is that the lightweight Linux distributions I’ve tried have poor localization support for my language… I want everything to work out of the box as much as possible.
Thanks anyway for the advice. I’ll give it a try when I have time.

(Addendum: I've tried Puppy Linux, Porteus Linux and antiX Linux.)

#2 Other Issues » How can I create my own Linux distribution based on Devuan » Today 11:43:30

DavidMontaro0331
Replies: 5

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I want to build my own distro based on Devuan. I’ve previously used Debian’s live-build tool to create a distribution for my personal use. I noticed Devuan has an SDK for building derivative distributions. Is it user-friendly? Can it be used on Debian?

I’m aiming to make a lightweight distribution with the Trinity Desktop Environment. Are there any guides available for this? Thank you very much for your help!

Board footer

Forum Software