The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-05 23:37:59

oui

justX-installation from stable ok but refractasnapshot does not

work correctly (ecepted the iso build in refractasnapshot).

I did install for amd64 with the mini net install Iso (less than 100 MB) only the last option in tasksel and after that

su -
sudo refractainstaller-base refractasnapshot-base xorg menu jwm slim ranger l3afpad sakura links2 didiwiki

(I participe now to the forum using links2!)
all works without to have to do somewhat more

excepted ranger: it is not taken in consideration by -> menu <-
(as l3afpad, but menu offers xedit and xedit is present (including man xedit; xcalc is also present in the menu!).

recommended changes:
- add perhaps the package xfce4-appfinder
- and introduce on top (after -> Terminal -< in /etc/jwm/system.jwmrc
- change this line so in /etc/jwm/system.jwmrc

<Background type="image">/usr/share/slim/themes/default/background.jpg</Background>

to get the same picture as slim uses.

didiwiki works in links2 (in graphic or without xorg etc. in "not graphic linux" and can write bold, underlined and italic but you need -> cups <- to print out!) and save it's documents as simple text files (but in his hidden ~/.didiwiki where you have to search then! didiwiki can handle with some picture, see it's -> help <-! it can handle (very well and simple with table and can use complexe fonts like Tamil, Korean etc... To write use where needing https://input.king !

how can I now make a snapshot? what is wrong (probably in the actual devuan binary package from refracta)?

Last edited by oui (2024-03-06 08:06:19)

#2 2024-03-05 23:49:03

oui

Re: justX-installation from stable ok but refractasnapshot does not

I will now complete my installation with the absolutely minimal KDE base stuff
(and mplayer without GUI! My purpose is to look my sport workout videos as (https://ssyoutube.comwatch?v=WA_bBLEhVRM for ex.) in mplayer using the command line in sakura as I can so add the right parameter. But I will that KDE memorise the position where I am in the work out. This works well in exarch (arch KDE von http://extix.se)!

which packages are to install in Devuan and which settings are needing in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d ?

(compared with Lubuntu 16.04 (Lubuntu just before Ubuntu did abandonate i386 as well as the real -> ubuntu minimal <- ), there where a lot off settings in apt.conf.d!!!)

Last edited by oui (2024-03-06 01:04:57)

#3 2024-03-06 16:52:03

fsmithred
Administrator

how can I now make a snapshot? what is wrong (probably in the actual devuan binary package from refracta)?

I'm not aware lf a problem, and as far as I can tell, you did not describe one. Maybe sharing some error messages or the debug log would help.

#4 2024-03-06 20:26:26

oui

Hi fsmithred, it is not a new problem

it exists since November 2023 and attacks now NEW installations of Devuan with own Devuan binaries.

in my opinion to much developers does NEVER install any more really some linux and want to do all in qemu or other virtualization producing, I am sorry, totally weak conclusions!

this is the reason, why I always install in a real partition. I install JustX, but I have a authentic result.

I did give above a link which (Devuan) official micro installer I did use and a -> code <- line with the stuff.

so it is easy to REALLY control!

#5 2024-03-06 20:29:45

oui

old installations are not affected! you can "snapshot" as often you want without to meet some defeat with snapshot (but well with the system itself!)... so did I produce the snapshot that I did upload the February 29 this year (in the section Derivatives)...

#6 2024-03-07 00:05:05

oui

Hi fsmithred
I did reinstall completely not as stable anymore but as testing and then upgrade as ceres. the refractasnapshot did create the CD image. I suppose that in daedalus a dependency was missed...

Board footer