The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-29 19:12:22

nahkhiirmees

in a way related to installation or at least Devuan

From topic https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=45777#p45777:

But another thing i noticed, with a new vm, docker-compose can't find the .yml-file with -f. I have to say it's absolute path, then d-c finds it.
Any ideas why? And how to fix that? I ask here, in the case this is a Devuan-specific problem. (Almost 20 years there were some kind of a RedHat-related problem with package gcc, that other distros did'nt have.)

Something may have gone wrong with thet new vm's install. Or there is some important package missing. I noticed also that in the new vm's xfce terminal, there is no colours with output of "ls".

That's not weird when using root-account. But using a normal user account...

It is quite annoying, having to enter the full path for "-f"-option every time i run docker-compose inside that new vm. And the tab-completion with docker images doesn't work also.

Since there are no colors with "ls" inside xfce's terminal and most of the icons missing from desktop, i have a reason to believe that something went wrong with the install. Any ideas what could be missing?

#2 2023-11-30 17:14:55

chris2be8

Re: in a way related to installation or at least Devuan

nahkhiirmees wrote:

Since there are no colors with "ls" inside xfce's terminal

Run alias
On my system the last line of output is

alias ls='ls --color=auto'

And my .bashrc sets that. I hope this gives you a clue.

#3 2023-11-30 22:43:31

nahkhiirmees

Re: in a way related to installation or at least Devuan

chris2be8 wrote:

Run alias
On my system the last line of output is

alias ls='ls --color=auto'

When running as normal user, inside that vm, the output of alias was empty. Also no .bashrc under ~.
Did run dpkg -l inside and outside of vm, there were of course some differences. But not yet any clue, which missing or installed pkgs are the problem.

I guess i can create yet another vm and try to do something differently during install or during "install/remove packages after install"-phase. Like just install docker.io and docker-compose but remove nothing. (Avahi is considered a security risk and for me it's not absolutely necesssary to run cups inside or outside of vm and so on...)

On the other hand it would be useful to find out what i did wrong.

Last edited by nahkhiirmees (2023-11-30 22:47:54)

Board footer