The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-16 11:01:40

thmtrxhsu

Well, I suppose the wireless driver list has to end somewhere

So I was performing a netinstall on an HP Stream 14, and in case you are unfamiliar you could this a netbook because it doesn't have an Ethernet port, and a laptop must have an Ethernet port.  Rant aside, It has a realtek 8822BE wireless adapter, and guess where the list in the expert install ends: 8821ae; god damn it.  I refuse to perform anything but a netinstall.  And I am committed to Devuan because anyone who looks at just the changelog of systemd and has half a brain should know that it is an invasion of privacy; it extends far beyond its primary functions (thus acts as a system of control rather than mere process initialization), and we all know why this is so; well maybe not all of us, but the brighter half.  So how do I impregnate the netinstall iso to include the rtlwifi-next (the catchall for next gen Realtek wireless drivers courtesy of Google and Linux Mint)?  And can we get those drivers impregnated into future netinstall builds?

Last edited by thmtrxhsu (2020-04-16 11:10:01)

#2 2020-04-16 13:00:08

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Well, I suppose the wireless driver list has to end somewhere

Are you installing ascii or beowulf? Beowulf has version 20190114-2 of firmware-realtek. ASCII has a 2016 version, and it also has a 2019 version in ascii-backports.

If you're installing ascii, the easy solution is to install beowulf instead. If it needs a newer version than what's in beowulf, it gets more complicated.

Board footer