The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-01 08:50:24

oui

does Devuan have some mini netinstall Iso file for CD image

from experimental, testing and stable and, if not, why?

Devuan is Debian without systemd is the definition!

And debian offers such an ISO with an commutations selection for one of above 3 installations with only 45 MB (a few seconds of download, but also of upload. This is useful for all!!! Uploading distributions management AND users! A few seconds «dd» burning time on the USB stick or card

=

immediately active!

All spare cost and time...

At Ubuntu «L»ubuntu, you would find a next form of commutations selection between «full install» (but only in LXQT, Ubuntu is only in LXQT, sorry, I would had prefer «JWM» because you can test more (installation and success for other sessions managers like LXDE, XFCE4< GNOME, KDE etc. without to have to take under consideration the pre existence of some LXQT in the installation... better would be JWM and PREINSTALLED refractatools! «Tasksel» is the right way for more!!!) and pure destop minimal (would be JWM, refractatools, sakura, nano/nano-gui, ranger/ranger-gui. mplayer/mplayer-gui, one CLI browser, dependencies for webkit but no pre installed webkit or browser (as it's begins with luakit, only about 100 MB disk capacity consumption: Luakit is a great minimal browser after «xombrero» did disappear!).

lease encourage this request and say «yes» to this proposal (it does not must at all be a daily upload as at Debian or Lubuntu as it is an actual download of all components fresh from main site...)!

#2 2024-02-01 09:50:42

Camtaf

Re: does Devuan have some mini netinstall Iso file for CD image

Maybe try MIYO or Crowz, if you want a basic set up, otherwise, start with the Devuan command line version & add what you want from the repos.

#3 2024-02-01 10:04:14

stargate-sg1-cheyenne-mtn

if go to _ttps://www.devuan.org/get-devuan

and some poking around, might find

_ttps://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/daedalus/main/installer-amd64/20230607%2Bdeb12u4devuan1/images/netboot/

and 52MB netboot

netboot.tar.gz   10-Dec-2023 19:07   52506966

apologize if have misunderstood request

Be Excellent to each other and Party On!
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Ted%27s_Excellent_Adventure
Do unto others as you would have them do instantaneously back to you

#4 2024-02-01 12:40:57

oui

and some poking around, might find

_ttps://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/daedalus/main/installer-amd64/20230607%2Bdeb12u4devuan1/images/netboot/

Really, you are right! There is a tiny netinstall ISO with actually 63 MB size. I will try it immediately if it also is prepared for testing or experimental!

(I did not found because we found the Debian ISO searching for Trixie and/or SID, and not the stable, and, of course, we did not search in stable...)

#5 2024-02-02 12:28:24

oui

I did install twice:

- usual mode: I did not find the selections point for excalibur / ceres (does the installer save the ENTER entries in its puffer? It can be an explication). The installation of stable is good and seems to work very well excepted Grub did refuse it's installation (but it was me right as I don't wish those changing if I only test in real mode, not in the virtualization, in my eyes, it is not the same, the installation of somewhat is new for me.

- expert mode: I did find the selections point immediately before the step «installing base system», did try to install in excalibur, but this trying to install did crash without I had can find some reason...

are the 2 mode so different?

#6 2024-02-02 12:47:20

fsmithred
Administrator

#7 2024-02-03 10:41:22

oui

thank you very much fsmithred! The problem seems to be:

using the hierarchy of the tree from https:/pkgmaster.devuan.org , you have only very small chances to find such an ISO especially if your interest is more somewhat inusual like i386 and ceres...

and if you have found or did get a link like yesterday, the result is very difficult to use...

using _ttps://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/daedalus/main/installer-amd64/20230607%2Bdeb12u4devuan1/images/netboot/

I did try install ceres + the actual testing for amd64 as proposed and did have success for daedalus because the installation mode does -not expert- not includes the selections menu to commute to testing or experimental. but it was not that what I will: I have enough old snapshot isos out 2023 for deadalus (where my adaptations are already included! More than enough as I use daily only i386 versions out solidarity with the millions of poor people abandoned by a lot of important distributors...

actually my only one working installation in an experimental version with my adaptations is the Lubuntu 24.04 Noble minimal where I did install

sudo apt install abiword clex darktable deborphan didiwiki epiphany-browser gimagereader gimp gnumeric gparted granule gv hunspell kdenlive kturtle l3afpad lame luakit marble-qt marble-plugins merkaartor mgp mhwaveedit mplayer mplayer-gui nted osmo ranger tesseract-ocr ucblogo

but the refracta-tools continue to refuse to build the ISO (so I did have to search help at the English Ubuntu forum. They did propose

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/image-is … ions/42083

because I can use the new installation although if I would exceptionally come back to AMD64 installations because of the actual difficulty to install i386 on my main PC: I will maintain my installation free from not apparent (hidden) records resulting from daily use! It is important for me as I will transmit my iso to other).

My last working i386 «justXorg» was Nov. 2023 made from deadalus, yet as testing version, but already commuted to ceres (after that did I have the visualization problems you know, so I did have to renounce to actualize).

I did find the analog ISO to _ttps://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/daedalus/main/installer-amd64/20230607%2Bdeb12u4devuan1/images/netboot/ but for i386 installation. I did not try the stable installation (daedalus). but both the expert installation for ceres as well as for testing did not have success.

so I did spend an extrem long time this week to try to use Devuan as it did becoming uncompatible with my PC and seem to stay so. and as we have in short time important European elections, I need an operable PC and must, sorry, let the arms hang down concerning Devuan. There is not only PC matter in the live...

#8 2024-02-03 12:20:50

aluma

It is important for me as I will transmit my iso to other.

As punishment?
What bad did they do?

P.S. I’m wondering, now that it turned out that the topstarter’s computer is not compatible with modern Linux, what other way of psychological relief and increasing self-esteem in the form of regular screams “The DevuAn core is disturbing children in underdeveloped countries!” will he choose?

Last edited by aluma (2024-02-03 13:34:38)

#9 2024-02-03 19:37:05

emanym

Testing or unstable from a mini.iso always fails, i think.

... and the mini.iso from ceres is actually older than the versions from daedalus...

Board footer