The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-28 08:44:49

Otism

[daedalus] bluetooth, printer, audio unavailable - kernel?

G'Day!

After installing daedadus I saw, that my hardware (5 year old Lenovo PC [ideacentre-510-1SABR]: bluetooth, audio and printer unavailable) doesn't work right and I think it's because of the kernel 6.1

I had Linux Mint before (since june, before Win10 from which I wanted to go away finally, so my Linux knowledge is weak yet) and it worked, I think there was a addinional kernel named 5.35 or 5.15
Might this cause the problem? And if yes, is it possible to install this one, too?
Kernel 5.1 of chimaera could do it as well, dunno.

Over the dev1 forum I came to this: https://www.kernel.org/ - still: if this might help, how to install?

(My first post here, if more details are needed please ask.)

Thanks a lot,

Otism :]

Fight back GAFAM and other Big Tech who erase our democratic freedoms!

#2 2023-08-28 16:52:49

rolfie

Re: [daedalus] bluetooth, printer, audio unavailable - kernel?

Daedalus is meant to be working fine with the 6.1 kernel. It was released with that. I have several installations working fine with it.

I guess you have 3 different topics to solve, and they aren't kernel related. You will need to install one or the other additional package. Debian/Devuan are a warehouse which you need to shop for the right software, and no one-fits-all suit like Mint.

I am no expert for bluetooth, don't ask me.

For Audio, I would suggest to search the forum for pipewire instructions. I have used them to get my laptop to play music with Audacious. 

For printing, you need cups. The rest depends strongly on the printer itself, and if the manufacturer supplies a printer driver package or a ppd. You may need to tell us which brand and model you want to install.

Last edited by rolfie (2023-08-28 16:54:53)

#3 2023-08-29 20:00:06

Otism

Re: [daedalus] bluetooth, printer, audio unavailable - kernel?

Hey rolfie,
many thanks for your helping hints, I tried but didn't progress with that. I also was in chat and spoke about, coming to the conclusion that I'll try the devuan (chimaera) based version of PeppermintOS. Perhaps this works, I'll stay tuned here and maybe.. we'll see. smile

Fight back GAFAM and other Big Tech who erase our democratic freedoms!

Board footer