The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-15 21:18:50

Danielsan

Debian getting closer to Devuan

Hi Folks,

I have just noticed the "Debian Ecosystem Init Diversity Team" started adding elogind and other packages that should be help Debian being more init agnostic, what does it mean for the Devuan project? Does this step by Debian change anything from the Devuan side?

Thanks,

D.

#2 2021-02-15 22:46:34

fsmithred
Administrator

Re: Debian getting closer to Devuan

I think it means we were successful. The init diversity team made up of devuan and debian developers working together have been around for over a year. You may notice that some debian packages that rely on systemd now rely on systemd or elogind. Every time that happens, that's one less package we have to fork.

#3 2021-02-16 00:45:16

Danielsan

Nice, didn't about this synergy!

I'd like to contribute with Devuan with some documentation which is the weakest point of Debian and by some extension also for Devuan, I am just a desktop user with very few spare time available but I would like to see what I can do. Where could I start? Is there like a to-do-list where I might select some topics and starting work on them?

Thanks,

D.

#4 2021-02-24 12:50:44

Morty

Danielsan wrote:

Nice, didn't about this synergy!

I'd like to contribute with Devuan with some documentation which is the weakest point of Debian and by some extension also for Devuan, I am just a desktop user with very few spare time available but I would like to see what I can do. Where could I start? Is there like a to-do-list where I might select some topics and starting work on them?

Thanks,

D.

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=589
https://friendsofdevuan.org/doku.php/de … oc_roadmap

also hang around in the mailing list and irc. there are probably a few more newbies like me asking questions smile
for instance: i would like a guide about my options to get a most minimal devuan installation which i can work with.

Board footer