The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-05 19:24:06

robert-e

ca-certificates issue? SOLVED

Devuan beta2 (DVD install) seems to be running very well on the thinkpad, and is very fast.  It is updated as of this morning.  I do have a problem logging onto secure sites (this one included).  I also tried my webmail site; same problem.  However, when I use tor, there is no problem.  In comparing the dates on the ca-certificate file, I find that ubuntu's one was updated on Feb 2016, from 2014, whereas the devuan ca-certificate date is still from 2014.  I have not enabled backports on the devuan thinkpad yet, but I suspect that would allow me to update the certificates, and would fix this problem. 
That said, I would sooner not risk enabling backports, as some systemd might creep in.  I will wait to see how this is fixed within devuan.
I did notice a post regarding backports flooding the system with newer (unwanted) updates.

Thanks to all who worked so hard on this project.

Regards,
Bob

Last edited by robert-e (2016-12-06 02:27:07)

#2 2016-12-05 23:51:28

robert-e

Re: ca-certificates issue? SOLVED

Further to the above..I checked on the debian site, and it seems that jessie uses the 2014, and sid uses the 2015 dated version.  So I imagine that the certificates is not my problem.  I will await further developments.  Sorry for the "red herring",

Regards,
Bob

#3 2016-12-06 02:26:18

robert-e

Re: ca-certificates issue? SOLVED

Update..the ssh service was not running; indeed I had to install ssh meta file, and enabled the ssh service to run on startup.  I also trashed my .mozilla profile, and started that from scratch.  Now I can log onto this site with devuan beta2, and also onto my secure webmail site.  So I will mark this as solved, even though I am not sure which procedure solved it.  I wonder if all this was an install hiccup?

All is good!

Regards,
Bob

Board footer