The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-07 23:50:00

crankypuss

[SOLVED, ty!] netbeans for C++ and PHP???

Someone created a netbeans package for Devuan, that's way cool, but there's no package for the C++/Fortran plugin or the PHP plugin.  I don't care about Java, i'm trying to work in C++ and PHP.  It looks like the package is hamstrung somehow because the /tools/plugins menu option brings up a dialog that does nothing.  Clues?

Last edited by crankypuss (2019-04-12 18:21:08)

#2 2019-04-08 01:18:40

dxrobertson

Re: [SOLVED, ty!] netbeans for C++ and PHP???

Not sure what you are asking, in regards to Netbeans and Devuan package..  I know nothing about this, not sure what this package offers.

Netbeans can be installed directly from their website: https://netbeans.org/downloads/8.0.2/

But anyway, to compile C/C++ in Netbeans (if thats what you are asking?); it requires the C/C++ plugin.  In Netbeans, go to Tools>Plugins>Available Plugins.  The plugin is named C/C++, install this.  you may also want to install devuan/debain package gdb for debugging, and of course you need compilers from devuan/debain package build-essential.

Last edited by dxrobertson (2019-04-08 01:25:57)

#3 2019-04-08 01:26:52

crankypuss

dxrobertson wrote:

Not sure what you are asking, in regards to Netbeans and Devuan package..  I know nothing about this, not sure what this package offers.

Netbeans can be installed directly from their website: https://netbeans.org/downloads/8.0.2/

But anyway, to compile C/C++ in Netbeans (if thats what you are asking?); it requires the C/C++ plugin.  In Netbeans, go to Tools>Plugins>Available Plugins.  The plugin is named C/C++, install this.  you may also want to install gdb for debugging, and of course you need compilers from devuan/debain package build-essential.

IF you had read my actual post, instead of firing off the first recording that came to mind, you would have seen this, "the /tools/plugins menu option brings up a dialog that does nothing".

Do you even understand what that means?  It means some trainee put a package up there, but all it's good for is Java.  Because the package is not complete.

It's like this every time.  ncurses for php?  nah, that's zend, they make garbage and put it in the install, instead of a package that will build.

One thing i will not stoop to is fixing other peoples' make files.

Now, if the correct answer is, "the netbeans package as included in ascii is crap, don't use it, uninstall it and get the package from [wherever netbeans comes from] and install that", then i can do that.  But if the answer SHOULD be "yeah somebody added a crap package, we'll fix that".

I am so sick of this business, how come google can get android to where you just install stuff and it works, but the supposed source of their goodies, the linux community, is such a bunch of pwned lames?

#4 2019-04-08 01:36:32

dxrobertson

Also, Netbeans itself is a java application.  Thus of-course you need java installed.  If you are having any troubles with java, and you are using openjdk; you may want to use official Sun (oh, pardon me- Oracle) jdk instead- https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java … index.html

#5 2019-04-08 04:21:23

ToxicExMachina

crankypuss wrote:

Now, if the correct answer is, "the netbeans package as included in ascii is crap, don't use it, uninstall it and get the package from [wherever netbeans comes from] and install that", then i can do that.  But if the answer SHOULD be "yeah somebody added a crap package, we'll fix that".

Netbeans package in Devuan is identical to the one from Debian. Devuan is Debian + no-systemd-dependencies overlay. So try to install NetBeanss from official site if you don't like package in repo.

#6 2019-04-08 20:39:51

crankypuss

ToxicExMachina wrote:

Netbeans package in Devuan is identical to the one from Debian. Devuan is Debian + no-systemd-dependencies overlay. So try to install NetBeanss from official site if you don't like package in repo.

I'm not sure whether to be SMH or LMAO.  As i read your last two sentences, they come up semantically null:  devuan is debian so installing from either one gives the same code.  I installed through synaptic, using the default install repositories, and only removed the fake-cd one that pointed to the install USB stick.

You know, it really hurts to see what the computer industry has let itself become, for the sake of continually increasing quarter-over-quarter profits.  People who work in the industry and know what they're doing are still flogged along in the wrong direction by corporate drones more concerned with fashion than quality.  We had hopes back in the day; oh well.

#7 2019-04-08 23:34:54

dxrobertson

crankypuss wrote:

"the /tools/plugins menu option brings up a dialog that does nothing".

The Dev/Deb package appears to be Apache Netbeans, not the same as Netbeans.  Apache Netbeans doesnt include all the plugins from original Netbeans.

If you truly want to develop C/C++ using netbeans, I invite you to go here for instructions on how to do so:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=15404#p15404

:

#8 2019-04-09 04:22:28

ToxicExMachina

crankypuss wrote:

devuan is debian so installing from either one gives the same code.

Yes. Since it's Devuan Stable (Debian Stable with init freedom overlay) you can get only older version from distro repository.

crankypuss wrote:

You know, it really hurts to see what the computer industry has let itself become, for the sake of continually increasing quarter-over-quarter profits.  People who work in the industry and know what they're doing are still flogged along in the wrong direction by corporate drones more concerned with fashion than quality.  We had hopes back in the day; oh well.

This is why community must gather again.

#9 2019-04-09 22:53:26

crankypuss

dxrobertson wrote:
crankypuss wrote:

"the /tools/plugins menu option brings up a dialog that does nothing".

The Dev/Deb package appears to be Apache Netbeans, not the same as Netbeans.  Apache Netbeans doesnt include all the plugins from original Netbeans.

If you truly want to develop C/C++ using netbeans, I invite you to go here for instructions on how to do so:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=15404#p15404

:

lol, another case of mistaken identity.  thanks for the link, i'll go see what it says.

#10 2019-04-12 16:46:29

crankypuss

ToxicExMachina wrote:

This is why community must gather again.

Then let's get to gathering it!

btw, i restored my system to its state prior to installing the deceptively-named "netbeans"(?) package, installed the one from netbeans.org, and was able to rebuild my latest backup of my current project.

I'm ready to rock'n'roll on my current project again, the one i haven't really looked at for a couple years while i was grieving; well, it's not the first time i've been off my project for a couple years, a few hours and i'll know it again.

But dang, let's do get the community gathering again.  I've plans to do a bit of damage, maybe help get things out of the dark ages, but my stuff is fairly radical and i'm one of those one-project guys, so my help in The Gathering will contain few lines of code.  Probably.  For a while, anyways.

Head 'em up!  Roll 'em out!  Rawhide! <g>

Board footer