The officially official Devuan Forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-18 22:39:18

Wesley

c201 SD Card Partition

I'm working with trying to get devuan on my c201 with libreboot because Devuan is the only one that has working version of alsa for the machine. But I'm having trouble partitioning the sd card to get it to boot on the machine. I've dd'ed the img before but that only gives me 2-3 gb of space which for a 64GB sd card is a humongous waste. I've tried resizing the partition with cgpt and other tools but every time I do the machine is unable to boot from the card.
So can someone point me in the direction of what I should be doing for an install to get a working linux install on the machine? I've tried devsus but the libre kernel rejects all my usb adapters and even the usb ethernet when it deblobs. I've managed to get Arch to boot but i don't like systemd and the migration to Parabola with openrc or runit immediately results in failed wifi drivers as well as a dead alsa. Not to mention their constant problems with signatures in the keyrings

#2 2018-07-19 07:02:28

Wesley

Re: c201 SD Card Partition

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong, what is wrong and what to do to fix it.

Steps
-------------------

#Burn the image to the media if you haven't already
xzcat devuan.img.xz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0       

#Look at the partition table to make sure things turned out well
fdisk -l

#Run parted
parted /dev/mmcblk0                                       

#This was a step that was solved for me by the lovely people at Kali's forum. They have a lot of documentation about this
(parted) p                                You'll be asked if you want to fix it, type Fix and exit out of the program
#You're looking for the [b]sec gpt table[/b] row and you're looking under the [b]start[/b] column for a number mine was 61765599 this 
cgpt show /dev/mmcblk0         went into [i]secgptstart[/i] in the next step

#Extend the data
cgpt add -i 2  -t data -b 40960 -s `expr [i]secgptstart[/i] - 40960` -l Root /dev/mmcblk0               #These are tildes not comma's where the expression is.
cgpt repair /dev/mmcblk0

#Make it bootable
cgpt add -i 1 -S 1 -T 5 -P 10 -l KERN-A /dev/mmcblk0
cgpt add -i 2 -S 1 -T 5 -P 5 -l KERN-B  /dev/mmcblk0

Sources, these people did all the actual work, of figuring this out and I am incredibly thankful for them.

These people solved the resize issue, the last two steps were skippable in this case.
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php? … ion-rootfs       

This is a good resource to bounce back on, and its where I got the expression for the gpt table.
https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv … chromebook                                       

I apologize in advance if this is not formatted properly but I hope this helps someone since the readme for embedded is so lacking.

#3 2020-05-19 06:12:31

chromey

Re: c201 SD Card Partition

Thank you so much!!

Board footer